Rzr, Rhino or Teryx, what to get?

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a side-by-side and can't decide what to go with. I have 2 kids under 4yrs old and am going to need something that i'll be able to put a rear bench into. Also I need to be able to haul it on my sled deck so I'll be able to take it camping. The last of my needs and most important is power, I have an addiction :) Any thoughts?

Rene

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a side-by-side and can't decide what to go with. I have 2 kids under 4yrs old and am going to need something that i'll be able to put a rear bench into. Also I need to be able to haul it on my sled deck so I'll be able to take it camping. The last of my needs is power, I have an addiction :) Any thoughts?

Rene

Rhino IMO

I am in the middle of ordering my cage and seat from Jamie at Rhino toys,..

Have you went out and taken one for a ride?

BigBluff44

Reaction score
Just faced the same decision myself. Went with a rzr, don't have any kids but have seen rear seats put into them, heard good and bad on all three... really it comes down to a test drive and take a look at the specs and decide what will suit your needs, rzr is narrower but has less utility value and the opposite for the other two.look at things like that. good luck and let us know what you decide

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought about the rzr4, but it would be too long for the sled deck. I was really wanting a rzr s, but after today the teryx is looking pretty good!

rhinoefi

Reaction score
I enjoy the Rhino , but I hear Honda is out with the Big Red side by side, havn't heard any bad or good on the honda but all good on the rhino in my eyes

mikecbi

Reaction score
look at the weight of the teryx against the rzr.put 2 adults and 2 kids in a teryx and you might as well be driving a jeep

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look at the weight of the teryx against the rzr.put 2 adults and 2 kids in a teryx and you might as well be driving a jeep

True but like a jeep you can still carry a cooler, tow strap to pull your buddy out of the bush, chainsaw, hatchet, drybox to put cloths in when it gets warm or vice versa and that's with the bench in the back.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess what I am looking for is problem areas on these machines. Is there anything to stay away from. Now that I'm leaning towards the Teryx, do they have any problems or issues that should be known.

Thanks. Rene

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess what I am looking for is problem areas on these machines. Is there anything to stay away from. Now that I'm leaning towards the Teryx, do they have any problems or issues that should be known.

Thanks. Rene

The only problem I've had is belt deflection from factory, after lots of slipping and burnt a belt I removed a shim and all has been good. The Teryx isn't a speed demon but there's lots of aftermarket upgrades if that's what your looking for. been a very stable vechicle, only one time just about put it over and that was driver error:nono:

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Rene

The only problem I have had with my teryx is a broken axle, BUT it was from being a retard burnin 4WD cookies in a deep puddle with a frozen bottom, fell in a hole and snapped it. OH and another problem I have had with it is it has replaced my wife as my favourite thing to f**k with.:alol2: Go with the teryx I am tired of reading about all these rhino`s.:d

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teryx== power 750 v twin sorry come on guys its a know brainer with pistons and cams you are at 85hp. why would anyone buy a rhino Im not trying to start a big fight but realy I can spank a 700 grizz quad and they still put the same motor in a utv. If your not worried about power and like driving a golf cart I think the rhino is a good buy. If you plan to take it into mud or skeg you cant even spin a 27" tire on a rhino. RZR you have put wheels and tires on it anyway because the 5" ground clearence stock is gay so when you put tires and wheels on the rzr its just as wide.

Chris

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chrisco..... Do you really have NOS on your Kawi? Do you break many parts?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was on all last year. If I use more than a 30hp shot it will bend the piston ring land in between the top and bottem ring and then it pinches the lower ring witch causes some compression loss. On my second set now I can change pistons in my sleep on this thing. I was at the grassland atv/utv pulls
last year and looked like a 1000 prowler with a big bore was going to beet me so I cranked the nos and gave him a spanking full well knowing what would happen. I won $240.00 but spent $350.00 so no big deal BUT I WON!!!

Chris

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was on all last year. If I use more than a 30hp shot it will bend the piston ring land in between the top and bottem ring and then it pinches the lower ring witch causes some compression loss. On my second set now I can change pistons in my sleep on this thing. I was at the grassland atv/utv pulls
last year and looked like a 1000 prowler with a big bore was going to beet me so I cranked the nos and gave him a spanking full well knowing what would happen. I won $240.00 but spent $350.00 so no big deal BUT I WON!!!

Chris

Are you sqeezin the juice when we hook up for a ride/comparison?:d

DCRZR

Reaction score
I've owned a rzr, it was ok but could use alot more power.

A friend of mine has a teryx and a rzr and likes his teryx better.
but then again he has nothing but issues with the rzr when it comes to the motor.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True but like a jeep you can still carry a cooler, tow strap to pull your buddy out of the bush, chainsaw, hatchet, drybox to put cloths in when it gets warm or vice versa and that's with the bench in the back.

sheet, i thought that was what the dodge was for.:beer:

Top Bottom