RPM Fade

phatboy2007

Reaction score
I have a 2023 850 Shredder DS 3900 (154) with low elevation clutching and I sometimes experience RPM fade. Th machine will hit 8100 settle at 8000 rpm sometimes on a hard pull and then other times it hits 8000 and then settles quickly to 7700-7800. This is in moderate snow levels not mountain riding. Sled pulls hard regardless but not sure why the RPM fluctuates differently. Belt deflection adjusted properly. Belt looks to be in good condition. Clutches are clean and look good. Chain case adjusted properly. Track is adjusted properly. It Has done this since new. It is also out of break in and still does it. This is my first BRP sled so not sure of the quirks or what to look at with this machine yet. Coming off Polaris machines which I am familiar with but I think I will now be fully converted as this sled rocks.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What has your dealer done so far? Try and take a video if possible for him and get as much info as possible. That will give him an idea where to start looking if it’s not throwing codes

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 2023 850 Shredder DS 3900 (154) with low elevation clutching and I sometimes experience RPM fade. Th machine will hit 8100 settle at 8000 rpm sometimes on a hard pull and then other times it hits 8000 and then settles quickly to 7700-7800. This is in moderate snow levels not mountain riding. Sled pulls hard regardless but not sure why the RPM fluctuates differently. Belt deflection adjusted properly. Belt looks to be in good condition. Clutches are clean and look good. Chain case adjusted properly. Track is adjusted properly. It Has done this since new. It is also out of break in and still does it. This is my first BRP sled so not sure of the quirks or what to look at with this machine yet. Coming off Polaris machines which I am familiar with but I think I will now be fully converted as this sled rocks.
What elevation are you riding at?

phatboy2007

Reaction score
Elevation is between 1000-2000ft. I have low elevation factory clutching.

Top Bottom