Royal (Flaman) cargo trailers

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they a good trailer? I’m looking at possibly getting an 8.5’ x 22’ cargo for sleds, along with my SXS, tub trailer and extra gear. I’ve looked at an assortment of used, and no one seems to take care of their stuff anymore. Any input would be great, thanks.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say they're definitely not as good quality as a Mission or Stealth

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can't make an equipment trailer for chit, had a southland and absolute garbage in most ways, flaman is also totally useless with warranty. I wouldn't buy a trailer from them again, regardless of brand.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can't make an equipment trailer for chit, had a southland and absolute garbage in most ways, flaman is also totally useless with warranty. I wouldn't buy a trailer from them again, regardless of brand.

Alright. Best place to go in Edmonton and area for a quality cargo trailer?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright. Best place to go in Edmonton and area for a quality cargo trailer?

I've never owned a cargo trailer so I can't say as far as quality. I've bought Canada trailer equipment trailer from Wholesale trailers in nisku, they are ok. It's ok build quality, but the price was cheap so at least it made sense. They didn't do a good job of PDI though. I wasn't very impressed with 2/3 axles the brakes weren't adjusted, and virtually all tires were inflated to 90 when max is 80.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long and short of it is, I don’t want to buy junk. I’d rather spend the money on quality. I’m not really brand particular as long as they’re built well and I can run an 80” tall SXS inside.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 2020 Cargo trailer from Flamans. 20 ft plus v nose. No front ramp. Has the raised roof so sxs fits. Very happy with it.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 2020 Cargo trailer from Flamans. 20 ft plus v nose. No front ramp. Has the raised roof so sxs fits. Very happy with it.

That’s what I’m looking at, Arff. 8.5’x22’. 82 and 3/4” door height. Lots of height and width for everything I want. I’ve seen lots of Royal’s around but I don’t know a lot about cargo/enclosed trailers.

IMG_0604.jpg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_4778.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

I removed the cargo side door and replaced it with a Rv door with the screen door

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal is a good brand, well build but will rust out over time but definitely cheaper than an all aluminum. All depends on the budget and use

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That flat nose/front end make them a pain to pull. The V nose is noticeably better.
Sorry, the pic looked like it was flat nosed. I see it’s not.
Ive had several enclosed trailers over the years. Royal is better than a lot of them. I have a mission currently and love it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like that, and the RV plug on the front. Lots of lights inside?
What I did was install a 25 amp outlet inside. Then purchased a 25 amp twist lock cord with 3 110 volt outlets on it. Can do whatever with power. I run coffee maker and battery minder for Rv battery.
Diesel heater inside. 3 sets of 12 volt led ceiling lights. Use it for spring and winter camping and hauling sxs. So far so good.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheapest I found was d&d trailers in innisfail . They were the best made trailers I looked at at that price point. I am sure there are better options but they cost more.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I did was install a 25 amp outlet inside. Then purchased a 25 amp twist lock cord with 3 110 volt outlets on it. Can do whatever with power. I run coffee maker and battery minder for Rv battery.
Diesel heater inside. 3 sets of 12 volt led ceiling lights. Use it for spring and winter camping and hauling sxs. So far so good.

That’s a great idea. I may hit you up in the future for some pictures

Top Bottom