Ritchie Bros sale

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called Ironplanet which is owned by Ritchie Bro’s. I told them the make/model/condition/hours of three pieces of large equipment. He said he needed to come out to determine a price. He proceeded to tell me I wanted too much, the equipment is not worth as much as I think, but I hadn’t even said a price yet!

I said I don’t wanna waste my time meeting when we can agree to a price rt now. After all it is Ironplanet, an online buy and sell site right?

The dude says I gotta go through the process and meet.

I had to ask three separate times “who decides the listing price for my equipment?”
He finally answers and says “I do.”

I said “nice talking to you” and hung tf up. Waste of a few hours. What a buncha crooks.

the faster they sell your stuff the richer they get. No matter what the asking price is they get a % for supplying a web site. not great deal for the seller.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called Ironplanet which is owned by Ritchie Bro’s. I told them the make/model/condition/hours of three pieces of large equipment. He said he needed to come out to determine a price. He proceeded to tell me I wanted too much, the equipment is not worth as much as I think, but I hadn’t even said a price yet!

I said I don’t wanna waste my time meeting when we can agree to a price rt now. After all it is Ironplanet, an online buy and sell site right?

The dude says I gotta go through the process and meet.

I had to ask three separate times “who decides the listing price for my equipment?”
He finally answers and says “I do.”

I said “nice talking to you” and hung tf up. Waste of a few hours. What a buncha crooks.

I avoid RB as much as possible now. When I bought my last piece of equipment there last year I went first to pickup my small stuff, the lady was pissed off I wasn't paying for the skidsteer at the same time and when I said I was still waiting to hear on financing from RB her comment was "It's only 30 grand I don't even think they will bother". Well if it's only 30 grand you could pay for it out of your pocket, or just give it to me for free. $30k is still a fair amount of money in my eyes. Ended up paying cash for it as they had a chitty offer. I still view auctions but if I can buy elsewhere I will. In the last few years they've got incredibly arrogant and I think it's going to bit them in a$$ big time. I would love to see a big investor team up with Michener's or Osman or open up a new one and take a huge cut of RB business, at least locally here. Michener has a stranglehold on pickups and is already in with a lot of companies, if they offered better guarantees then RB they'd get the business easily I bet. A lot of the time they bring in the same dollars or better anyway the time you factor in difference of commission.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body see rb new fees? Like fack there insane now trippled buyers fee on anything over $$$ 75000 watch what u pay boys

• Except as noted below, each purchased Lot will be subject to a transaction fee of: (a) 10% on all Lots selling for CAD 12,000 or less, (b) 4.85% on all Lots selling for over CAD 12,000 up to CAD 75,000, with a minimum fee of CAD 1,200 per Lot or, (c) CAD 3,638 on all Lots selling for over CAD 75,000.
• For on-farm auctions, regardless of whether you are bidding online or in person, each purchased Lot will be subject to a transaction fee of: (a) 10% on all Lots selling for CAD 12,000 or less, (b) 3.85% on all Lots selling for over CAD 12,000 up to CAD 40,000, with a minimum fee of CAD 1,200 per Lot or, (c) CAD 1,540 on all Lots selling for over CAD 40,000.
• For the Prince Rupert auction (February 2022), each purchased Lot will be subject to a transaction fee of 12.5% of the purchase price.
• For the Elk Point auction (March 2022), each purchased Lot will be subject to a transaction fee of 12.5% of the purchase price.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing I doubt I will ever buy anything from RB again. They refuse to take the hint that I will never finance anything through them anymore, likely never buy anything either and won't stop calling/emailing about financing and auctions, i've been pretty rude to them and they still keep trying. I bet they raised selling commission too.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body see rb new fees? Like fack there insane now trippled buyers fee on anything over $$$ 75000 watch what u pay boys

• Except as noted below, each purchased Lot will be subject to a transaction fee of: (a) 10% on all Lots selling for CAD 12,000 or less, (b) 4.85% on all Lots selling for over CAD 12,000 up to CAD 75,000, with a minimum fee of CAD 1,200 per Lot or, (c) CAD 3,638 on all Lots selling for over CAD 75,000.
• For on-farm auctions, regardless of whether you are bidding online or in person, each purchased Lot will be subject to a transaction fee of: (a) 10% on all Lots selling for CAD 12,000 or less, (b) 3.85% on all Lots selling for over CAD 12,000 up to CAD 40,000, with a minimum fee of CAD 1,200 per Lot or, (c) CAD 1,540 on all Lots selling for over CAD 40,000.
• For the Prince Rupert auction (February 2022), each purchased Lot will be subject to a transaction fee of 12.5% of the purchase price.
• For the Elk Point auction (March 2022), each purchased Lot will be subject to a transaction fee of 12.5% of the purchase price.
Kick em when there up, kick em when there down, kick em when they sit, kick em all around. Sound like a song they should use as there song. They have the equipment but maybe people should stop buying there.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing I doubt I will ever buy anything from RB again. They refuse to take the hint that I will never finance anything through them anymore, likely never buy anything either and won't stop calling/emailing about financing and auctions, i've been pretty rude to them and they still keep trying. I bet they raised selling commission too.
I just canceled all that stuff as well and told them not to contact me anymore either wrote about 4 emails

Top Bottom