Ritchie bros sale

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a little buying, lots of old tired iron there, province must be just about out of it. See how I make out tomorrow

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a little buying, lots of old tired iron there, province must be just about out of it. See how I make out tomorrow
Yep there's a few things on the block Thursday I'll be tossing $$$ at. Don't think I ever seen undercarriage so worn out on one in particular.
will be watching. How are prices so far? Guess I should go on site and check to see where things are at.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prices seem all over the map. Got a good deal on a tag, but my step deck I sold went fawking cheap. Paid $30k for it last oct sale, sold for $20k and that was after putting over $7k into repairs and a new cvip, not very thrilled, but it is what it is.

Hoping for a good deal on a hoe tomorrow, but slim pickings. Most are beat, or old and worn out. Wish I could justify a new one and not deal with the hassle.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prices seem all over the map. Got a good deal on a tag, but my step deck I sold went fawking cheap. Paid $30k for it last oct sale, sold for $20k and that was after putting over $7k into repairs and a new cvip, not very thrilled, but it is what it is.

Hoping for a good deal on a hoe tomorrow, but slim pickings. Most are beat, or old and worn out. Wish I could justify a new one and not deal with the hassle.

That 13 cat 324 hoe fully guarded was a good buy, the 14 Deere 953k buncher was even better he he. The processors not so good, picked the last one up as a pick a part unit..

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That 13 cat 324 hoe fully guarded was a good buy, the 14 Deere 953k buncher was even better he he. The processors not so good, picked the last one up as a pick a part unit..

There was a few good deals on hoes especially 25 tons. But was after a 200 as i'm hauling on a tag behind a dump so can't go any bigger, and they went for stupid dollars. Who the hell would pay $58k for a 03 deere 200 with 9k hours with an undercarriage so worn out the tracks will fall off any second? That's double what it's worth.

I was tempted to buy that brand new XGMA, but it's a massive gamble at $110k. A steal if it's a half decent machine, but could be a huge headache.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a few good deals on hoes especially 25 tons. But was after a 200 as i'm hauling on a tag behind a dump so can't go any bigger, and they went for stupid dollars. Who the hell would pay $58k for a 03 deere 200 with 9k hours with an undercarriage so worn out the tracks will fall off any second? That's double what it's worth.

I was tempted to buy that brand new XGMA, but it's a massive gamble at $110k. A steal if it's a half decent machine, but could be a huge headache.
Said it came with one yr 1500 hr warranty? I liked the remote hoe, low hr and for the money a guy could sit on the couch at home and make money...yah I'm sure it not like that at all lol. Went cheap enough,be good for a bomb deposal unit.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is shopping I can provide details as to what market value a piece is worth and what they are actually selling at.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is shopping I can provide details as to what market value a piece is worth and what they are actually selling at.

I do a lot of snooping before hand too. Ritchie has there sale stuff listed as to what it's been going for. For some reason people get caught up and spend more then what it sold for last week. Spend on people, my finger stops when it goes over my researched price.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesnt matter of you over pay if you have immediate work for it. Ive been in that situation a few times, and you have to pick the lesser of 2 evils. I find at ritchies that you sometimes get a steal of deal and the next time you overpay. I think it always balances out.

One thing for sure is just like Vegas.... the house always wins....

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean that 959k tilter? Looked like a hell of a buy.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate richies 10% sellers fee on anything under 2500, they allready rob enough :confused: buy something for 2400 by time they tack there fee on and add tax she a 2900 dollar deal

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate richies 10% sellers fee on anything under 2500, they allready rob enough :confused: buy something for 2400 by time they tack there fee on and add tax she a 2900 dollar deal

Try it as a seller. 25% commission under $2500, then it drops to the 11%. Can't understand why it's not scaled. They make less selling a $3,000 item then a $2,000 item.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesnt matter of you over pay if you have immediate work for it. Ive been in that situation a few times, and you have to pick the lesser of 2 evils. I find at ritchies that you sometimes get a steal of deal and the next time you overpay. I think it always balances out.

One thing for sure is just like Vegas.... the house always wins....

Yes and no. I was panicking a bit yesterday when I didn't buy one because I have like 2 months of strait worked lined up starting immediately, but I bought one today off of Kijiji. Compared to sale prices yesterday, I paid $20kish less then I would have paid at richie's for a similar machine, and I got 4 buckets and a ripper with it. And I got to test it out a lot better. Sure I would pay $105k for a machine worth $100k if it was perfect and in good shape, but not a chance i'm paying $80k for a $60k machine. I mean I overpaid buying a thumb for it, but an extra $500 i'm not concerned about it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do a lot of snooping before hand too. Ritchie has there sale stuff listed as to what it's been going for. For some reason people get caught up and spend more then what it sold for last week. Spend on people, my finger stops when it goes over my researched price.

Some people seem to think because it's an auction it's a deal, which is foolish. Seems like the exchange is driving some of the prices from out of country buyers. I research a lot to, usually every single Edmonton auction in the last year to get a good idea of what it should go for, as well as checking kijiji and dealer prices. But hoes are hard, because undercarriage plays so much of a factor in the price and no way to see it's condition when looking up market report.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I no all about there games my old man sold his entire farm there last year thank god for the guarantee price as richies left alot of money on the table on there end

Try it as a seller. 25% commission under $2500, then it drops to the 11%. Can't understand why it's not scaled. They make less selling a $3,000 item then a $2,000 item.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked out Ritchie’s yesterday. They upped there buying commissions now too. Have to pay 10% on everything you buy. Crooks.

Attachments

• AF32F95C-AA01-40D5-83C8-A2C02D5A8673.jpeg
    AF32F95C-AA01-40D5-83C8-A2C02D5A8673.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 310
  • E4D885D3-B7D5-48B2-8221-CA5DC04082C3.jpeg
    E4D885D3-B7D5-48B2-8221-CA5DC04082C3.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 297
Top Bottom