Riding north saskatchewan river

Dez

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I like the feedback on certain sections of the river in this thread.
I ride a 2021 seadoo PwC. I left sir wilfred laurier park heading east and struck bottom just west of high level bridge in edmonton.. destroyed the impeller and wear ring..
I would live to explore the river but I am kinda turned off from exploring more..
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Stay away from the sand bars and shallow areas? lol ... wish I could help you, as I always wanted to do that too. have canoed it and it
is extemely shallow in many areas. Jet boats were going up and down the river, so can't be that bad ;)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from the sand bars and shallow areas? lol ... wish I could help you, as I always wanted to do that too. have canoed it and it
is extemely shallow in many areas. Jet boats were going up and down the river, so can't be that bad ;)

Jet boats take less water than a canoe lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I like the feedback on certain sections of the river in this thread.
I ride a 2021 seadoo PwC. I left sir wilfred laurier park heading east and struck bottom just west of high level bridge in edmonton.. destroyed the impeller and wear ring..
I would live to explore the river but I am kinda turned off from exploring more..
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The city area is shallow and slow making it harder to read. Try up stream around Devon. Little deeper and it’s easier to read as shallow areas are more defined. I see lots of sea doos up that way.

Dez

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.. devon next...with alittle rain first I think for water level...

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50 st launch up west through the bridges is deep, gets skinny close to the new Walterdale bridge on the south side, The River Queen runs turns around there.... stay close to the north side bank and you're fine. thats really the only section I would worry about, other than just west of the Henday bridge gets a little braided and I stick to the east bank. To be safest, I would head east from 50 st launch, I cross that river twice a day and it looks like smooth sailing to Duvernay lol

You thinking about a jet boat in the futur?

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saunders was flowing quite nicely on the weekend I must say. Found some channels I haven't been up before. Guessing the few days of the dam being opened doesn't have much affect around Edm.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saunders was flowing quite nicely on the weekend I must say. Found some channels I haven't been up before. Guessing the few days of the dam being opened doesn't have much affect around Edm.
What boat were you running ?

Top Bottom