Riding in east, southeast of province

Jobu

Reaction score
Hey All,

Between all the confusion around the OHV/Fire ban I thought there woudn't be much riding for this year. Well I've recently been educated that there's still lots of areas around on the east/southeast potion of the province where you can still go for a ride and have a fire.

My problem is that I've always stuck to the same areas around Rocky Mountain House and Northeast (Westlock/Long Island lake) of the province. I live around the Stony Plain area so I'm hoping not to travel too far...

So what crown land riding/camping areas would you all recommend with the current bans in place? Directions too please!

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked this question on another thread and got no answer,I'm looking for places to ride also.Hope somebody comes up with some areas.

nick11

Reaction score
I asked this question on another thread and got no answer,I'm looking for places to ride also.Hope somebody comes up with some areas.

I am in the same boat, Just got back from a week at Big Horn Dam... which was good.. But no Camp Fire when its this cold was a bigger deal then I had thought... Also now the trails are close until July 1st.

I think its beyond ridiculous that you can not have a fire at Long Island Lake, when its basically under water. They actually had cement blocks , blocking the normal camping area out there.

Looking for new locations in areas towards Saskatchewan to camp and ride... So i can actually have a fire!

Jobu

Reaction score
Well the wife spent a few hours googling and making some calls and ended up finding something for May Long. She found a place called Bodina Resort by Crane Lake. They said we can ride our machines from the campground out of the site and they're not under fireban, they even have firewood for sale. We're paying for camping so that's new but I guess I can leave the genny at home and bring more beer this way. A friend of mine grew up there and he said we should be able to find some trails not too far away but I really have no idea what the riding is going to be like.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of cutlines and leases up there,should be some decent riding.

Jobu

Reaction score
Anyone have any general directions to the riding trails from this campground? I'm sure I can ask around once i get there but it'd be nice to know what I'm looking for.

Top Bottom