Riding Area 51

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of these operations only have an operations tenure not an exclusive tenure.
So they can’t not force us out. All they can ask is for people the respect their ski runs that they uses. MPC knows this, hence why they open the lodge and area up to sledders end of their cat skiing season.
Even my one buddy with his heli ski outfit knows he can’t kick us out. We just try not to rip up his main skiing runs.
Imagine we could do the same for SOL, being there are so many other areas to ride. But being able to come up the lodge for a drink would be nice.
As for monashee park, it is non motorized…

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of these operations only have an operations tenure not an exclusive tenure.
So they can’t not force us out. All they can ask is for people the respect their ski runs that they uses. MPC knows this, hence why they open the lodge and area up to sledders end of their cat skiing season.
Even my one buddy with his heli ski outfit knows he can’t kick us out. We just try not to rip up his main skiing runs.
Imagine we could do the same for SOL, being there are so many other areas to ride. But being able to come up the lodge for a drink would be nice.
As for monashee park, it is non motorized…
Word on the street is that mpc doesn't advertise that fact.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The loggers have it plowed to about 20km. After that it's a 20km overheat festival of whoops - bring your chainsaw*. Not the tallest whoops ever.

*For clarity, I am referring to the Kuster's chainsaw technique to cool down the sleds.
About the same as Hall then

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, the dirt bike almost fits down the center of the alders. We were in SXS and a buddy in front on a bike. See vid of the alders, as they were that bad for about 4km.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the alders all grown in on the trail and trying to knock the helmet off your head?
Not too bad. Did have to duck a few low branches. Nothing to be worried about. Definitely not what that video shows.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you have to go, to take the back way up? We always went down to just before Shelter Bay and ride in. Did see other vehicles parked along side of the road traveling down, always thought they were going into Mt. Hall area.
About 10years ago I heard of some guys actually getting into Area51 through the Pinnacles. It would had been a venture taken by expert riders and Area51 would not be the highlight of the trip. There is huge country back there, far bigger then what most would be willing to take on. Big power is needed to crest some of the chutes and an excellent knowledge of backcountry travel and navigation.
So from what I heard, there is.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got lucky one year and we could drive our trucks up to km11. Takes some of the bite out of the non groomed trail.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a crew of custom high-powered Yammi's in Kelowna that have pushed far into the Pinnacles, its possible they may know the route, as it is very popular with the Yammi crew.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got lucky one year and we could drive our trucks up to km11. Takes some of the bite out of the non groomed trail.
The trail into 51 is too hard for my body, once there I'm too beat-up to ride. LOL
But I love the area, rode there lots when I was younger, its generally very quiet and never tracked up.

Top Bottom