Rest in peace Lorne.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avid sledder and forever member of the Hickshow/Followcam crew, Lorne Kalesnikoff lost his battle with cancer on Friday. Rest in peace Lorne. You will be missed.

lorne.jpg

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Condolences to the family

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my goodness is that sad. Such a young guy. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sincerest condolences to the family and friends for the loss of an obvious great guy and friend.......

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
His Legacy, a very young man leaving us to soon. He is my sister in laws cousin. He was a heavy duty mechanic at Kalesnikoff Lumber Company who would crawl under a truck or trailer and fix anything right now.[Dearly loved by the company truckers and will be missed] He loved 4x4ing and sledding oh and dirt biking and the love of his life Ashleigh. If you watch any of the Hickshow Productions FollowCam movies you will see Lorne and in some of Dan Davidoffs Krazy Canadian shows too, not sure if in others. He loved getting big air on his sled and his dirtbike and always put on a show to entertain others. Lorne built a rockcrawler recently out of his old ranger pickup that he had started trailering to events. It was at one of these events in October that Lorne had a little rollover in his ranger and hurt himself. When he was getting treatment for this injury the doctors found he had cancer, yes exactly 2 months from finding it he passed away. He was engaged and had set January 24th as his wedding day, he wanted to be married with his family by his side. When Lorne was 11 years old his mom passed away from cancer, so as with many families the big C has caused much heartache in the Kalesnikoff family. That's all for now if others would like to add more please do.
The celebration of life will be this Saturday December 20 at the Brilliant Cultural centre Castlegar B.C. Tyler Hicks[Hickshow.com] is going to be hosting, so there will be many epic photos of Lorne] When I know the time I will post. As we get older these are difficult posts as Lorne is my daughters age, PK ,Lornes dad [my age] and his family have been through hell in the last couple months so anyone that can come in support please come thx wayne

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wayne. I was hoping someone like you from over that way would chime in here. I never actually met Lorne. Just know of him through my son. I've ridden with a few of the Hickshow crew, but never Lorne.

Mantis

Reaction score
Lorne lived life to the fullest...a lesson for all of us. Everything he did was to the max, I remember when he started sledding-09 smurf blue xp- the story of the cornice breaking away and him riding it out- maybe this was the start of his flying lessons! He definitely loved sledding and helped out with the Castlegar club every year by donating his time collecting trail passes and memberships. Little things that cross my mind...killer smokeshow downtown Castlegar after the show and shine in his black Ford F100, that **** eating grin he was famous for, the mud covered lifted trucks(and stucks), his mechanical abilities-couldn't leave it stock and when you run something hard-something has to break! I am sure there will be a lot of more stories shared this weekend and I am looking forward to hearing them. A couple quotes that pretty well sum Lorne's life...

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW! What a ride!"

One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action, and filled with noble risks, is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters throughout a marsh, without either honor or observation.

Rest in Peace

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
The funeral service will be held this Saturday morning, December 20th, at the Brilliant Cultural Center starting at 10:00.
Some really nice pictures/clips of Lorne, a testament to his love of life and living it to the fullest. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom