Reputable German Shepard breeders

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My sister is dog breeder in Edmonton, but of different breed but knows many of the good reputable breeders all over North America, She says look up Tammy Sawatzky on Facebook she is in Calgary. Most good breeders have a waiting list as well.

1c4831225aa0278d0aa60fca5d7239a2.jpg

Last edited:

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad will have puppies likely in the fall. Gorgeous dogs. Gp area
d2dc62d99e7f110870855f32c57251f2.jpg
20201119_113628(2).jpg Resized_20201125_145310_5338.jpg

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 dogs both GS bitches, yep I still miss my last one and it's been 15 yrs.
I'm getting a dog after this next move, I've been thinking another pure GS but I tell myself there's really good dogs at the pound too.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are all gs, hair brained and allergies up the wazzo???

Ours is 4 years old now and has calmed some but wow, still left field

Finally can get around other dogs, but still seems to need to snap and protect us from other dogs

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Finally can get around other dogs, but still seems to need to snap and protect us from other dogs
They are gentle dogs to people I like, but can sense an a-hole I don't like. As a kid my dog protected our stuff and drew blood twice that I know of. Kids stealing our bikes for fun/to be mean or whatever.

My last one was very dominate around other dogs, a lot of fights. Sucked.
I think she got that way as a pup fighting with the neighbor's golden retriever pup, she was pretty cocky with other dogs.

The iching thing can be controlled with good food, look into it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are gentle dogs to people I like, but can sense an a-hole I don't like. As a kid my dog protected our stuff and drew blood twice that I know of. Kids stealing our bikes for fun/to be mean or whatever.

My last one was very dominate around other dogs, a lot of fights. Sucked.
I think she got that way as a pup fighting with the neighbor's golden retriever pup, she was pretty cocky with other dogs.

The iching thing can be controlled with good food, look into it.
We had her tested for allergies, have had to give her needles for it, which helps some, and is extremely expensive chit lol

But she wears a cone alot, as she itches and eats to raw skin

We have tried alot of different foods, now been on raw for a few years

She's allergic to dust and dust mites, maples trees, and a few other things bad, then a few other things not as bad

She's a dog that's go go go, how do you keep dust off her lol

Yes she has been beat a few times by bigger dogs, which has helped her a lot not be so bad

But still if a dog, that say we have been camping with for two days, walk up to me, she will teeth and lundge at it like she's going to kill it, but so far us either smacking her or verbally no, she has not

Then she's back to normal and no issues

Almost like she is hearding the dog away from us kinda thing

Last edited:

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's too bad about the iching, good effort.
My dog would discipline other people's dogs, yep she was a handful, good dog tho.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got a rescue dog a few years back and couldn't be happier. I know rescues can be a gamble, but so can pure breeds. Our last dog was a pure breed, and it had heath issues, aggression issues with other dogs, allergies, and needed expensive dog food or she was sick.

Rescue pooch below:

Rolo.jpg

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've had gsd pretty much my whole life and none of them have had any of those issues. The one we have now is amazing. Never seen energy like this before though.

Pitties on the other hand....allergies are just a way of life

Top Bottom