Relocating to the Right Coast

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Well I must say Alberta has been very good to me over the past 27 years and I've built an awesome life and met top notch folks, especially here on S&M......

The wife has accepted a position with Irving Oil at the Saint John Refinery and we are pulling the pin and headed back. It will be very cool to catch up with family & friends who have been so far away for so long.

We are keeping our lake lot out at Wabamun and all of our kids are staying west so we will come back regularly to visit and maybe hit up a mountain mania or camp out from time to time.

S&M will still be my go to for everything snowy & muddy so I'll be around but I'm looking forward to the east coast lifestyle.

Someone buy my house, and my boat, and my M3 and my Sled so I can get this show on the road......lol

Anything that will not fit in my Tundra and a 7 X 16' enclosed has got to go....

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no no no no no no no
it's too early for april fools :(

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably be cheaper to buy a new one than haul that out there with the price of fuel haha.

Congrats Bogger? Where are you moving. I grew up in Quispamsis? Never thought I would miss it because i love the mountains but man did I ever take the easy access to water/lakes/ocean for granted.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Probably be cheaper to buy a new one than haul that out there with the price of fuel haha.

Congrats Bogger? Where are you moving. I grew up in Quispamsis? Never thought I would miss it because i love the mountains but man did I ever take the easy access to water/lakes/ocean for granted.
I spent my highschool years over on the Kingston Peninsula - we're not 100% sure where we will end up yet I think I have an offer coming from Irving Pulp & Paper at the Utopia Lake Mill so likely west side Saint John, I'd have no issues with Blacks Harbor or Saint George but with the wife at the Refinery we are looking for that middle ground. Quispam would be awesome because that is where my buds are but I don't want an hour commute every day.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
We are excited..... Likely won't bother with sleds "Biking" is the big winter pastime down there not sure why they call it "biking" when they all run SXS's

I was down there this past weekend and we blew up my buddies Wildcat XX 1000 - thinking I'll be happy with something a little less snort snort and more utility

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prior to me not being able to fly, used to make a couple trips a year to that area, little gas field in Quispam or Canaport. I do like that area, SJ is a ch!t hole but 1/2 hr in any direction is nice country.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My coworker is selling everything, putting the wife & family in the SUV and moving to NB to live in the woods. They have no connections there and have never been east of Regina. They just know land can be cheap.

It's going to be an adventure, that's for sure.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the next chapter.
Funny, I was talking to a fellow today about Saint John, he was from Fredricton, it brought back memories. When I drove truck I used to haul beer from the brewery in Saint John, my favourite drive was along the Saint John river headed to Fredricton, but there is really nice back road driving in NB.
The 4 lane ruined it IMO when it opened, but sped up the drive.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck Ian, hope it all works out great for you and the wife. My other half has been hinting lately about moving back to her home town in Nova Scotia, 10 years ago I might have considered it but I'm getting fairly close to retirement and don't really wanna be there for that part of my life. Enjoy your time with the old friends and family .

Top Bottom