RCMP incident .Thoughts?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

Lloydminster, Alberta - On January 27, 2015, at approximately 3:00 a.m., Lloydminster RCMP officers responded to a call of a break-and-enter in progress to a liquor store in the 5000 block of 18 Street in Lloydminster, Alberta. Two pickup trucks were soon identified as being connected to this break-and-enter.
A spike belt was deployed at the intersection of 44 Street and 40 Avenue in order to stop the first suspect vehicle. An incident occurred at the spike belt deployment location which caused an officer to discharge his/her service pistol.
This first vehicle was eventually recovered by police, and officers arrested its two occupants just outside the Lloydminster city limits. Arrested was a 20-year-old man from Lloydminster and a 29-year-old man from Onion Lake. Neither arrested suspects nor officers were injured during this occurrence. The second vehicle was not found.
The second vehicle is described as: a pickup truck, dark grey 1993 Chevrolet CK2500 with a GMC grill and tailgate with chrome side panels. The back window of the truck has white tape in a Union Jack design.

The second vehicle is described as: a pickup truck, dark grey 1993 Chevrolet CK2500 with a GMC grill and tailgate with chrome side panels. The back window of the truck has white tape in a Union Jack design. The truck was last seen heading north on 75 Avenue past 67 Street and was later reported as stolen by the registered owner. It is to be noted that the truck is equipped with a green under-glow light and may or may not be activated.
The RCMP is asking for anyone who may have information about the break-and-enter, the incident at the intersection of 44 Street and 40 Avenue or the whereabouts of the 1993 Chevrolet truck, to contact the Lloydminster detachment at 780-808-8400 or Crime Stoppers. If the second vehicle is located by the public they are asked not to approach it, but to call 911 or their local police.
The RCMP Lloydminster General Investigation Section unit is investigating the break-and-enter and theft of vehicle.
The Alberta Serious Incident Response Team (ASIRT) is investigating the discharge of the RCMP officers pistol in accordance with their mandate to effectively, independently, and objectively investigate incidents involving Alberta’s police that have resulted in serious injury or death to any person as well as sensitive allegations of police misconduct.
Attachment: Picture 1 – Back window of Chevrolet pickup
Picture 2 – Chevrolet pickup

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can appreciate the bystander argument and would concede that some discretion should be used to ensure the safety of those not involved in the incident. However, I feel that fleeing from police should be dealt with with deadly force whenever possible. Whether the person is guilty or innocent of a suspected crime is irrelevant. They say pull over, you frigg'n pull over!

I also think it's perfectly reasonable for an officer to have his gun drawn after stopping someone for a routine traffic violation. It doesn't necessarily mean that an officer is going to fire it just because he has it drawn.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Interesting opinions..... And that's all they are..... Here's a form for some of you if required....

Lol ....

Attachments

• HURT FEELERS REPORT.jpg
    HURT FEELERS REPORT.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 148

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm, truck was last seen heading north of Llloyd guess where too, and had a bucket of KFC chicken on the seat!!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol start killing people for running from the cops, great advice. Why don't we just start shooting everyone that does something wrong. Better yet lets do public beheadings like they do in Syria! That will really teach them!

If you directly endanger the public or a cops life, open fire. But if a guy speeds away from the cops that doesn't give them the right to take a life. That is the worst policy and advice I've ever heard. Let's start making cops judge, jury and executioner, just terrible.

The problem is the judges not handing down harsh sentences for repeat violent offenders.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
You know whats funny.......all these people that are against this thread are most likely criminals.

That is maybe the stupidest reply to any thread that I have EVER seen on ANY forum! Because I don't believe in gunning people down for evading a spike belt, I'm now a criminal? Go phuck your mother!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Texas and see how much sense of haha the boys in blue down there have. I wouldn't want to **** with any of them. Why is that??? Shoot first ask questions later.

Moral of the story don't break the law because your life is in danger.

NOT break the law its warmer in jail for that week you stay there.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RCMP is the initial step of a badly broken justice system.

As soon as the RCMP training starts putting less emphasis on 'cultural sensitivity' and more on being proficient with a firearm, I'm not supporting allowing them to use more force.

Some of you need to stop letting emotion cloud your judgement. If we allow the RCMP more power, just imagine the consequences. Have people forgotten High River already??

At the end of it, I would rather live in a society were we DON'T need to prove innocence. An easy fix for some of you might just be to move to North Korea, or maybe Mexico. Look at the power the police have there.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is stupid, 50 posts , and we don't know what the guy did that caused the officer to fire his gun. Typical, Assume that the facts are what best illustrate your opinion .

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got nothing to hide you'll like living in North Korea just fine! lol

No one likes a Burglar, but Canada has thousands of bible sized Law books, full of laws. Chances are good you're breaking one.....

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can appreciate the bystander argument and would concede that some discretion should be used to ensure the safety of those not involved in the incident. However, I feel that fleeing from police should be dealt with with deadly force whenever possible. Whether the person is guilty or innocent of a suspected crime is irrelevant. They say pull over, you frigg'n pull over!

I also think it's perfectly reasonable for an officer to have his gun drawn after stopping someone for a routine traffic violation. It doesn't necessarily mean that an officer is going to fire it just because he has it drawn.
Gun drawn for a routine traffic violation??? You gotta be kidding me! So if someone in the car moves the wrong way, some trigger happy cop can shoot him? You don't think that will happen? Give your head a shake. As one poster said, if a cop is so worried about his life he has to have his gun drawn ready to shoot someone, especially for a routine traffic stop, then he should get out of the force. They join knowing there are risks, and if they can't take the risks without going commando, they shouldn't be police offcers period.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Texas and see how much sense of haha the boys in blue down there have. I wouldn't want to **** with any of them. Why is that??? Shoot first ask questions later.

Moral of the story don't break the law because your life is in danger.

NOT break the law its warmer in jail for that week you stay there.
Yah, cops in the US shot a 12 year old boy with an airsoft gun BEFORE THEY EVEN GAVE HIM TIME TO PUT IT DOWN!!
You honestly want it to be that way here? What if the cop thinks you committed a crime, but you didn't but you get shot for it. You'll think differently then.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife's friends husband is an RCMP officer in kelowna and was shot during a routine traffic stop in November. He is still in the hospital. He and his family have gone through hell. I say if the officer feels the need to draw his weapon, then draw. I don't break the law so I know that I don't have anything to worry about. Don't be a sh!thead and you won't have anything to worry about. I also heard that the driver hit the cop with the vehicle. I'm pretty happy that we aren't reading about another RCMP killed in the line of duty.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, cops in the US shot a 12 year old boy with an airsoft gun BEFORE THEY EVEN GAVE HIM TIME TO PUT IT DOWN!!
You honestly want it to be that way here? What if the cop thinks you committed a crime, but you didn't but you get shot for it. You'll think differently then.

You obviously haven't been there or traveled the states let along know what your talking about.

Top Bottom