Random Turbo Stuff

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not run the belt that came on it? Use that as a spare? We’re getting like 1800-2000km on the factory belt

Or at least start with the stock one for a baseline and then switch to that one to see if theres a difference. From my experience aftermarket belts cause all sorts of issues

My buddy runs the ultimax belts on his 850’s and has great luck with them, same performance and longevity as a stock belt, he finds no difference other than it leaves more cash in the wallet

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screen should be a warranty fix. I know mine was on pickup. Told em to keep it or replace the screen. All good.

Belts are really $270 now!? Weren’t they $220 last year?

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xtreme vents for the air intakes, price is way down this year. No more carbon fiber, plastic that is improved over the carbon.

I'm going to try the CV Tech PBX belts this season, I've watched them for the past few seasons. They are suppose to be compatible as far as compound & not affect calibration......will find out. Lack of Ski Doo belts, price & zero warranty pushed me to move on this season.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xtreme vents for the air intakes, price is way down this year. No more carbon fiber, plastic that is improved over the carbon.

I'm going to try the CV Tech PBX belts this season, I've watched them for the past few seasons. They are suppose to be compatible as far as compound & not affect calibration......will find out. Lack of Ski Doo belts, price & zero warranty pushed me to move on this season.
Do the Xtreme air vents reduce flow?

I do like the idea of the extra vent. View attachment 248791

Last edited:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a PBX belt on my turbo all last season. No issues. This season, I am going to try a Ultimax.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Interesting apples to apples Skidoo making 178 hp at 1000 feet with 1psi polaris on same dyno making 186hp however 3.3psi

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not run the belt that came on it? Use that as a spare? We’re getting like 1800-2000km on the factory belt

Or at least start with the stock one for a baseline and then switch to that one to see if theres a difference. From my experience aftermarket belts cause all sorts of issues

I agree. Though it’s been a few years since I had a sled I never had an aftermarket belt work as good as a stock belt. That goes for atvs and utvs to. They just feel off never kept one on long enough to see longevity of them just as a spare to get me back to the truck

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the Xtreme air vents reduce flow?

I do like the idea of the extra vent. View attachment 248791
No at all, in the real probably better because you don't have to be sissy when you clear them.. I cannot believe ski doo would go with such a cheesy intake set up. Rolling the sled, bumping into the bush or whatever shenanigan's you have going will bitch up the stock coverings. Then you are ingesting snow which is really bad. If you take apart the complete upper airbox, the intake vent surface area far exceeds the restriction as you move thru the airbox.

Excellent results last season with those & the SLP Stage 2 setup. This season SLP has flash programmer that we will be trying. I have zero faith in Bikeman from previous big bore experience.

Your comment about Ski Doo making more power with less boost than Polaris maybe reasonable. It certainly was back in the 800 E TEC boosted days, Cat & Doo ran better with less boost than Polaris.

I'm not sure how far to go with non intercooled before the IAT begins to build & cause other problems. BoonDocker Agility starts @ 4psi & runs to 8lbs, with no IC. Will be doing a couple of those shortly.....gunna be fun!

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats neat, pretty sure mine didnt look like that but ill have to check. i would have left the foam, makes it quiet, no rattles, and the panels dont rub when sidhilling harder snow. they collect a bit of moisture but nothing measurable
Check this out.
received_4773552136093394.jpg

Top Bottom