Random Pictures Thread

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FFS , European Chafer beetle larvae in my lawn , this is from View attachment 282500one square foot . Got some juice from Alberta and will be spraying tomorrow. The larvae eat the grass roots and kill the lawn
Ferniesnow has bug issues on his lawn and just yesterday he was telling me he might take his whole front lawn out. I am sure he will pipe in when he wakes up.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Apparently, there is a wire worm problem in the Salmon Arm area. Some insect guy (entomologist) from Victoria has been up and is involved with some farmers, etc.. We noticed a problem with the garden last year and plant stems being eaten just below the surface. After a lot of research, we found that they are attracted to potato slices under the dirt. One can remove the potato slice and bring up 3-4 worms each time. Pull them out and squish them.
The lawn was very patchy, this spring and that got me thinking. Sure enough, with the potato slices we found wire worms.
Sygenta Canada tells us they are not eradicable. Trying to formulate a plan.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently, there is a wire worm problem in the Salmon Arm area. Some insect guy (entomologist) from Victoria has been up and is involved with some farmers, etc.. We noticed a problem with the garden last year and plant stems being eaten just below the surface. After a lot of research, we found that they are attracted to potato slices under the dirt. One can remove the potato slice and bring up 3-4 worms each time. Pull them out and squish them.
The lawn was very patchy, this spring and that got me thinking. Sure enough, with the potato slices we found wire worms.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We treat our seed with an insecticide that will kill them but as far as I know that’s the only way to get them as they stay underground.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Granular diazinon used to be the ticket for wire worms and other troublemakers in the soil but that is no longer available for the regular consumer these days . I would imagine you would have to be able to drink it for it to be available in the the store.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need some chickens
Wherever the grubs are the crows find them and rip it up , looks like it’s been rototilled . The roots are chewed off by the grubs so it’s easy for the crows to heave the turf aside and find them. Tasty snack I’m sure but it sure makes a mess.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what these for?

1713908743447.jpeg

RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So cool

Top Bottom