Ram 3500 6.7 cummins Turbo upgrade - recommendations?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will give Cyle some credit where it is do... be aware that if this is a vane problem, it will NOT be covered! Once you're at the dealer and the actuator is removed and they find the cone is seized... you have a decision to make. Are they pushing it outside, or are you installing a Chrysler turbo for 5k. Chances are they may not want to install a jobber turbo?

Anyone who is taking truck in for that recall needs to be sure to tell them ONLY to do the recall and nothing else. That way if they pull the actuator, even if it's seized they have to put it back and ensure it's still calibrated so you can get it fixed elsewhere. Now will they do that, I doubt most dealers would at most they would just put it back in without any concern if it's still calibrated. Paying a dealer for turbo replacement is so foolish. Stock turbo elsewhere is only a little over $3000.

It's baffling they haven't recalled them all, well we know why it's only because of money, the problem is stupid common. My family has 4 13+ Ram Cummins and 3/4 have had it happen ranging from 140-170km, the only one that hasn't had it happen yet only has about 130km on it so nothing to say it's not going to happen to it too.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Huge thanks to everyone that helped with this issue. I was lucky enough to have the extended warranty and had the work done thru Ponoka Dodge. I called quite a few dodge dealerships and they said that they wouldn't warranty my truck because of the delete and tune. Ponoka took care of it no problem. Didnt cost me a thing.

GarrethRG

Reaction score
1800 for a rebuilt with 1 year warranty
about 2400 for a s300 with a manifold and probably wont ever have issues, and no exhaust brake

How many peso's a person wants to spend I would say is determining factor, and if a person will ever do injectors
My friend is looking to get S300 to totally resolve the actuator issues. We'll work on it after the truck returns from the shop for the installation of the new tires from 4Wheelonline, plus the alignment. Good to hear the S300 is also recommended here.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
Huge thanks to everyone that helped with this issue. I was lucky enough to have the extended warranty and had the work done thru Ponoka Dodge. I called quite a few dodge dealerships and they said that they wouldn't warranty my truck because of the delete and tune. Ponoka took care of it no problem. Didnt cost me a thing.
Wow wish i had known this when i was having trouble with my 2020. Will call them from now on!

Top Bottom