Radium/Invermere/Fairmount

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The females of our group have suggested that it might be nice to take a trip to this area this winter. The guys will be sledding and the women will be skiing/hot springs/bumming around.

Is there enough riding in this area to keep a few experienced mountain riders busy for a few days?

We are not big hill climbers but like a variety of terrain.

thanks

PS Have rode Silent Pass in the past so am familiar with that area.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could PM Shankster I know he went there last year and said it was pretty good, and lots to do for his family as well.:d

snowdog69

Reaction score
I went on 37 sled trips last year and out of those probably 65% of those trips were in the Radium valley somewhere....There is a ton of different areas to ride of all levels...just need to know where to go......If you stay in Radium the Prestige Inn will give you a great rate if you let them know your sledders.

RMKEITH

Reaction score
My wife and I went to Radium last year with four other couples for New Years and had a blast. We rode Paradise Mines for Two days and Forester for 2 days. Paradise Mines was a little too crowded for my likings but I really enjoyed Forester. Our riding abilities averaged the intermediate range.

Cheers

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paradice Mine is right across the highway from Panarama ski resort.The trials are maintained by Toby creek rentals and the Windermere snowmobile club.Fast 1/2 ride to play area and intermediate riding with some good climbs.I have taken my wife there and she really enjoyed it.Last year it was $10 for day trail pass.Highly recomend it.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
schiltroths used to own the ford dealership tetlocks had the hotel.jack mckinley ran the hockey rink....doug rude larry ferrence tim smalley bob mc allister all worked at pioneer ford.... i used to rent from earl ruhmor in the house just north of the senior drop in centre...

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We always stay at the Radium Resort, $ 150 -$175/ night for a condo that sleeps 5-8, full kitchen washer dryer clean, good food. Hot tub in the main hotel.

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polarice

Schiltroths still own Ford - Tim Smawley still there, Larry Ference part time, Jim Isaman is now service manager and Don Vincett is salesman

Tetlocks sold the hotel and moved?. Has been through several owners since

Jack Mcinley still runs rink

Earl Rumohr has moved to Red Deer? but still has his own house in Consort

Robinsons now own the house that you rented.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as in the cable guy robinson that house was originally theirs
and i find it odd that donny is actually selling cars
how long have you lived there

Top Bottom