Races

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were support boat # 14 on a 42 mile course on the Wapiti, lots of curves, tight spots and skinny water with tons of grave/sand bars, it's getting tricky and fun at pleasure boat speeds, the turbine guys hit speeds of well over 200 km/hr. Few wrecks but nothing major, pretty cool. There were 17 support spots, connected by radio, was fun. Few had to be pulled back but I think this morning they were all running again in peace river, there today and tomorrow, then Taylor on the Pine, then Whitecourt on the Atha B. Air was a bit heavy in the morning, speeds were down a bit , but man, pretty to watch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 190
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 193

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, some thanks should be given to G&R Insulating, they were at Magoos at 6 am, making delicious ham and eggers for support boats , drivers, and officials. Good for you guys, I think everyone appreciated them, we sure did.
Ginette made mine, Rick made my buddies, and you know what Rick, stick to insulating, G is a way better cook and a hell of lot nicer to talk to. :).

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sadly I had a engine let go on leg two and a replacement wasn't in my racing budget. Had a blast up until then...once I joined the Unlimited drinking team things improved!

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were support boat # 14 on a 42 mile course on the Wapiti, lots of curves, tight spots and skinny water with tons of grave/sand bars, it's getting tricky and fun at pleasure boat speeds, the turbine guys hit speeds of well over 200 km/hr. Few wrecks but nothing major, pretty cool. There were 17 support spots, connected by radio, was fun. Few had to be pulled back but I think this morning they were all running again in peace river, there today and tomorrow, then Taylor on the Pine, then Whitecourt on the Atha B. Air was a bit heavy in the morning, speeds were down a bit , but man, pretty to watch.

Nice boat. What make is your boat?

Top Bottom