Question for the guys working camp type shifts

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d really take a look at what you want to be doing soon after she is done school.

If your current gig will get you experience and opportunity to be where you want in 3-4 years, and doing what you want, then stay with it.

People in planning and management of various industries sometimes lack on-the-ground experience. If a few years of field work would help you be better at a planning/management job in the future, assuming you don’t miss opportunities along the way, the time to get that on-site experience would be while she’s away at school.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a chat with the recruiter today on why I was turning down the invitation to the 3rd interview, she was happy I was upfront and honest.

Thanks for the input guys!

lol a winder works on maintaining, rotating equipment, protection and control equipment etc. There isn’t very many of them, it sounds like a cool trade for sure.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember being in this situation back in 2015. Young kids at home, and I didn’t want to leave to go to work, I kept backing out and the company kept coming back with better incentives, no camp tho in either situation, Im in company condos.

IMO, It takes a strong woman to be able to look after things, my wife grew up being a military kid, her dad was always gone, or they relocated.
So I guess its a mindset, me being gone for 8days or 14 days is nothing compared to a servicemen/women who serve our country and are gone months at a time.
Same as a truck driver that goes out on a two week long haul.

I commend the OP for not letting the interview process go on any further with not being fully engaged because of doubts.

I wish you all the best in 2021, in your future endeavors.

Top Bottom