quartz/golden area Nov21st?

kingkat88

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone from red deer and area will be at quartz creek or somewhere elts near there on sat Nov 21? This will be my first time in the area and was hopein someone may be able to shoot me in the right direction or ride with my buddy and I for the day!any help us greatly appreciated
Cheers!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone from red deer and area will be at quartz creek or somewhere elts near there on sat Nov 21? This will be my first time in the area and was hopein someone may be able to shoot me in the right direction or ride with my buddy and I for the day!any help us greatly appreciated
Cheers!

I doubt I'll be ready by that time, but further into winter I would be willing to show you around a bit.

I don't expect myself to get out much this winter, but I have rode Quartz enough to know the main area well. I haven't gone over any of the ridges, but "main" quartz is pretty easy if you can get a feel for spaces pretty quick.

Don't ride by yourself though, or with others if nobody is familiar with the areas.

snowdog69

Reaction score
Quartz has tons of snow.....went for first ride at Quartz on November 5....been snowing lots since then.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheers!

are you planning to go just for the day? may be interested give me a pm

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I'm hoping to make it out to Golden on Nov 21/22nd from Canmore. Could meet up with you there. I am new to the Golden area as well and looking for a riding buddy/guide too.
I was planning on getting to the parking lot early and hanging out till I found a crew to ride with but if I can plan it, so much the better. PM me.

-Owen

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheers!

Hey Kingkat, I am looking for someone to ride with that weekend as buddys are all heading hunting. Be happy to show you around Quartz, will be going up for just the day and will have an empty spot on the deck if anyone else wants to go up for the day.They may even be grooming by then,I hope as was getting whooped out on wed.:beer:

skidooboy

Reaction score
Hey KingKat, keep me informed on your ETA, would like to hit Quartz as well for the first time this year.

kingkat88

Reaction score
eehaw! its on, i may be going on sunday now depending on what happens with some others that wanna go but ill be there one day or the other!

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I plan on being there this Saturday, and possibly Sunday as well if the conditions are good.
Still looking for a crew to ride with those days. Keep me posted!

PM me if you want to meet up or have extra space on the trailer (from Canmore)

Cheers,
-Owen

Billard

Reaction score
I love to hook up with you guys on Sunday. Just got a new machine and want to take it out for a spin. Never been to quartz either, so guys who know the area would be even better.
Can't do it on Sat, apparently the wifes christmas party pulls rank. I wilkl stay in touch and watch this thread as the week moves on.

kingkat88

Reaction score
awsome! the more people the better. hopefully we can get some chaps that have been there before to come :)

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forcast is for snow:snow: up top all week, will be another great ride on Saturday, we'll try to leave a couple powder stashes for you that are waiting until Sunday :rolleyes::rolling::rolling:

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have fun guys, we had a good day today, not as good as Nov11 as have been tracked up lots but was deeeeep in the trees. Thanks to Mach123, Imdooin and Skidooboy for a fun day but I think I better find some younger guys to ride with that can shovel and aren't groaning about aching joints all the way home...Yes that's a dig:d I feel greatLOL Only took 3 pics all day the others will have a few more. Oh yeah it might be time to retire the old 99x

Attachments

• PB214466.jpg
    PB214466.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 43
  • PB214467.jpg
    PB214467.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 47
  • PB214468.jpg
    PB214468.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 43

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kelly's hero's, when do the young guns show up to help shovel us old guy's out eh? oh yea mach123 that's you ha ha. most of the ache are going away now. worth every minute, with snow piled high. :)

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, who is fomula123....LOL No matter snow conditions it is always a great day sledding.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we found some DEEP snow there on saturday too....

pic 1 - me
pic 2 - friend

we also some saw some dudes riding slopes they should not have been... guys, SMARTEN UP!

Attachments

• PB210076crop2reduced.JPG
    PB210076crop2reduced.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 39
  • PB210079reduced.JPG
    PB210079reduced.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 39

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We spent Sat at Quartz too...think I saw you guys during the stuck fest!!!!:rolleyes:
Spent as much time in the trees finding some fresh stuff as we could...but holy crap, it was like...ride 20 feet...shovel for an hour....ride 20 feet...shovel for an hour....!!! Main areas were packed down, but there was deep to be found in the trees! Noone was getting very high, all the lower parts of the slopes were riden up...not good for stability of the higher stuff...but still lots of peeps riding avy areas with the warnings :rant: Not sure what people don't get about multiple sleds on a slope...all there was were multiple dudes stuck...with multiple dudes helping to get them out...throw in the odd dude highmarking above them...WFT???

Heard in the parking lot at the end of the day there were two avys in there that day but we didn't see anything...one was two guys stuck on a hill and an unknown sledder highmarks then sidehills above them, then takes off...setting off an avy and allegedly burying two dudes and causing some sled damage. Other one involved two women...
Noone really knew any details of where or when, just that it happened????

I always like the first ride of the season....my little 600 feels like 1000 skidoo rocket!!! :d

Attachments

• PB210003.jpg
    PB210003.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 39
  • PB210009.jpg
    PB210009.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 39
Top Bottom