Quadding and Boating 3 hours from edmonton

Shane_C

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First off let me say this site is wonderful for information.

The Background to my story is Im looking at facilitating both a quadding trip and a Water skiing trip at the same time.

Im trying to find a nice campground with power (water would be a bonus) that has lake access for our boat as well as close proximity to atv trails. Offloading in the campground is preferred. My area would be 3 hours from edmonton.

Thanx Everyone

Dynamic

Reaction score
Fawcett Lake west end. I think they have power there and lake and quadding. Would be about 3 hours from e town.

wildf

Reaction score
Just put up a few pics from Fawcett Lake last summer ( on my profile ) , bought a RZR in August and put over 500 miles and never saw the same trail . There is no power on the west end but if you can get access to a generator it is well worth it . Can show you some great riding out there if we are there which is most weekends as we have a seasonal lot and only missed two weekends last season and are doing some winter camping , ice fishing and sledding this winter as our trailer stays year round . Hope this helps .:cool::cool::cool:
:th_quad::bike:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spruce point park Between High Prairie and slave lake... or private campground in Joussard

and shaw's point resort near High Prairie... Turn North on hwy 750 like your going to red earth at the Grouard gas station turn right... beautiful area! If you need riding areas pm me.

mxcollector

Reaction score
North Buck lake by Boyle is about 1 1/2 hour from Edm...

and even closer but smaller lake size (many water ski on it....) is Farfar camp ground at Long lake and Long Island lake (larger lake size) just north of Dapp appox 1 hour from Edm...

Last edited:

Shane_C

Reaction score
Hey GUys,

SOrry I didn't respond to this thread.... Anyhow were going to Anchor Inn Resort at Fawcett lake this July for 10 days.

wildf

Reaction score
That is a great area for quading , lots of trails , that is where we have a seasonal lot . If you are planning on fishing walleye ( and eating ) they have gone to a tag system so you have to put in for a draw to be able to keep walleye . If you would like a guided tour of the area when you are up there look me up when you are there as there is a group of us that put on up to 80 mile rides in a day trip. You will not be disappointed the area has everything .

• :bike:

Shane_C

Reaction score
That is a great area for quading , lots of trails , that is where we have a seasonal lot . If you are planning on fishing walleye ( and eating ) they have gone to a tag system so you have to put in for a draw to be able to keep walleye . If you would like a guided tour of the area when you are up there look me up when you are there as there is a group of us that put on up to 80 mile rides in a day trip. You will not be disappointed the area has everything .

• :bike:

Are you in the anchor inn resort? The owner told me there is some seasonals that would maybe be willing to help us. Were going to be there from july 12 - 21. WOuldnt mind getting a few guided runs in. Is there some 4hours loop runs we could do?

canamgirl

Reaction score
Skelleton Lake or chump lake! both very close to eachother, good riding clean lake! skelleton has power and showers!

wildf

Reaction score
Are you in the anchor inn resort? The owner told me there is some seasonals that would maybe be willing to help us. Were going to be there from july 12 - 21. WOuldnt mind getting a few guided runs in. Is there some 4hours loop runs we could do?

Yes we are at Anchor Inn Resort , and know the owner quite well , and have told her that if there is anyone inquiring about quadding we would be more than willing to show them the area. Can make as long a day as you would like and conditions from easy to hard whatever you would prefer .

Shane_C

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Guess life got the best of me and I forgot to update this post.

Anchor Inn Resort was awesome!!
Boating was great!
Quadding was so so. We tried our luck heading west and north of the lake. But it was all pretty much skeg with exposed water. Does anyone have gps maps of the trails in the area? We may consider going back again this summer.

Shane

Top Bottom