Pros and Cons of all recent sled Brands

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having tried various suspensions I feel I can say that torsion springs are a limiting factor for the doo skid.

My t3 was night and day when I deleted them.

Fair enough. Ive had different results though.

This is my favorite skid Ive had or tried. (except R motion, that is a short track skid though)

skd.jpg

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having tried various suspensions I feel I can say that torsion springs are a limiting factor for the doo skid.

My t3 was night and day when I deleted them.

I have to ask tho. Have you tried a proper revalve of the stock shocks and a torsion spring change. I will admit I do not like the stock suspension calibration, but the torsion spring suspension can be made to work extremely well.

We had two turbo sleds to compare. Both 174’s with the same turbo kit. One had a Baker suspension the other had enzo tuned suspension. The owners of both sleds agreed the enzo was better.

I have high hopes with the expert suspension knowing who helped calibrate it.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spose you are not in the cool kid, coil over spring club.

I like the torsion spring club we are in. I tried the torsion delete on a doo and did not like it . Lol
Just curious, what didn't you like?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to ask tho. Have you tried a proper revalve of the stock shocks and a torsion spring change. I will admit I do not like the stock suspension calibration, but the torsion spring suspension can be made to work extremely well.

We had two turbo sleds to compare. Both 174’s with the same turbo kit. One had a Baker suspension the other had enzo tuned suspension. The owners of both sleds agreed the enzo was better.

I have high hopes with the expert suspension knowing who helped calibrate it.

Yeah if you get the SP shocks and the stock girl spring package I can see why a guy wouldnt like them.

These ones work better

IMG_20170921_163438_775.jpg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you get the SP shocks and the stock girl spring package I can see why a guy wouldnt like them.

These ones work better

View attachment 220031

Are those MB tuned??? I heard good things.

This is my second sled with enzo and this is a 850 SP lol. Enzo went in right from brand new.
I had a 16, 174 with it as well.
Non turboed.

7955bac4dde57a56784071f3bf22ad56.jpg

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are those MB tuned??? I heard good things.

This is my second sled with enzo, I had a 174 with it. Non turboed.

Yes MB. I couldnt afford the Karosima coated Enzo's haha

Comparing them to the stock SP or X package **** is silly. probably why I like torsion springs..... My bad.

The stock Freeride skid is pretty decent though, and if you want to spend some $$$$ skys the limit

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t get how that skid works...it’s not inside the track. Is this a new development?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem #1. There are to many guys on here that bleed ski doo yellow. To come out on here and say anything about a skidoo sucks pretty well opens up a can of brand wars. We all know the skid in a skidoo sucks, some of us are just not willing to admit it.
Problem #2. The skidoo rear skid has torsion springs, torsion springs actually work quite well. BUT the issue is that the way ski doo lets this skid operate is quite simply a joke. Torsion springs only operate on ONE axis. TORSIONALY When the spring is allowed to bind and contort on the rear arm shaft you in fact loose spring rate, when you loose spring rate the springs can not longer doo their job effectively ( that would be hold the vehicle as ride height) hence the infamous skidoo SAG. That is why the spacer gets intalled inside the spring, to allow it to do its job effectively. Sag no more!
problem #3 ski doo puts the worst possible shocks on their sleds.... KYB piggy backs/ non piggy backs doesnt matter... all their shocks are garbage
Problem #4 Stock to stock, an alpha makes a skidoo look stupid on pretty well all levels. own them both so i can confirm it took alot of heavy mods to make the 850 as capable as the alpha.
Problem #5 Epstein didn't kill himself

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem #1. There are to many guys on here that bleed ski doo yellow. To come out on here and say anything about a skidoo sucks pretty well opens up a can of brand wars. We all know the skid in a skidoo sucks, some of us are just not willing to admit it.
Problem #2. The skidoo rear skid has torsion springs, torsion springs actually work quite well. BUT the issue is that the way ski doo lets this skid operate is quite simply a joke. Torsion springs only operate on ONE axis. TORSIONALY When the spring is allowed to bind and contort on the rear arm shaft you in fact loose spring rate, when you loose spring rate the springs can not longer doo their job effectively ( that would be hold the vehicle as ride height) hence the infamous skidoo SAG. That is why the spacer gets intalled inside the spring, to allow it to do its job effectively. Sag no more!
problem #3 ski doo puts the worst possible shocks on their sleds.... KYB piggy backs/ non piggy backs doesnt matter... all their shocks are garbage
Problem #4 Stock to stock, an alpha makes a skidoo look stupid on pretty well all levels. own them both so i can confirm it took alot of heavy mods to make the 850 as capable as the alpha.
Problem #5 Epstein didn't kill himself

Whats better about the alpha skid?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The coil overs it comes with. The monorail works quite well to, that being said all i ride is trees so i have no real experience with it out in the wide open on steep straight up stuff.

What makes the coil overs better than my KYBs ?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause his Alpha has em and doo doesnt. LOL.

Really, all stock shocks are.... well, stock shocks. Same as stock truck shocks. Couple different levels, but at the end of the day, there just the stock

Ive run a lot of differnt shocks and the modded KYB's are the best ones Ive had. New **** comes out all the time though.

These have have bigger bodies than the fox 1.5. Bigger piston, better bump stops, bigger springs, hi lo compresion....

Fox makes some sick shocks, but the stock cat ones arent any thing special..

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any doo with torsion delete.

Overall ride quality is at the top of the list. Dollar for dollar, revalving and respringing which includes new torsion springs, has the best bang for the buck.

Simple turbo revalve on the rear Freeride shock is all it takes to keep the front end down. Even on a G4. There is a reason snocross sleds still use torsion springs.

Enzo does alot more to the kyb over the stock shocks. Totally different feel getting off a stock sled over to a enzo tuned sled.

Im sure the MB revalve is the same experience for Dan.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everything. They are fox 1.5 zero qs1's. everything from the coil to the internals to even the oil used inside is better quality.
Im not dure if ur being sarcastic or not.... i feel like you know this stuff already.

No I honestly feel like the modded KYB is the better unit. Stock to stock, yeah maybe the qls is marginally better?

But this is only my opinion. I dont claim to be the last word is all things snowmobile haha :beer:

Top Bottom