Pro or RMK which to snowcheck

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly I have to trade my 09 D800 to get rid of it.I am looking at $8200 diff for a retro pro ES or 7K diff OTD for a easy start RMK.Pros and cons .I know the RMK weighs 9lbs more but has the front cooler and real rear bumper.I also like the switch gear up on the bars.I don't think you can factor in resale down the road as the 09-10's Dragon and RMK used prices seem about the same.Whats everyones take on this one,yes money is tighter this year

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the switches on the handlebars is great on the regular RMK. I have a PRO and to tell you the truth I don't miss them other than when I'm looking for the highbeam switch at night, and thats not vey often. Having the switches on the bottom is a cleaner look and not so dated looking and most of the time I usually have time to set swithes when I'm stopped anyways.
As for which sled, I'd go for the PRO RMK not the regular RMK sure it has an extra cooler but if she gets warm that's why they installed ice scratchers. Never had heating issues with mine. The rear bumper is not an issue also, just exchange it with the dealer when you purchase the sled. The shocks are rebuildable so in a few years you can get them done , change the oil maybe even get them revalved. If your only paying a few $$ more for the Pro, then look at it as an investment.
The $8200 to boot is fair, as once people ride these PROs the market will be flooded with old sled and to sell it yourself will be to much of a headache cause every ones gonna have an IQ for sale .Good luck with your purchase.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went with the reg RMK 800 ES on 2yr warranty no acc.Diff was 7K all in and were at 12% tax here in BC.I just could not justify the extra 1200 for the pro.I can always buy a set of take off shocks on ebay or snowest from a pro for cheap.I am going to demo a pro next sat as we still have record snow in the mountains

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Switched last minute to a black pro 155.Retro was to red white and blue for me

Top Bottom