Primary spring with 872 big bore

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
Hey guys... Just got a question about primary spring. I have a 2015 174" T3 with a 872 Trygstad big bore, I bought it used with 600km on it and now there is 1800km. I took my primary clutch apart for an overhaul but the spring that I removed is not stock and of course the color code is not visible and I can only see the bottom half of the numbers because they are rubbed off. My ramp angle is 441 switched from a 438. I have not checked the weights yet but I will tomorrow. Would you guys suggest going to a stock spring (purple/pink) or a stiffer spring? Oh and it has a race team secondary in case someone is wondering. Thanks for the advise!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would contact joey at iBackshift. He works hand in hand with Dave at TMS, and should be able to get you on the right track.He will respond to ur Email but he is busy and may take a day or two.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the primary spring look like? Does it look like the doo primary spring?

If you really want your sled to wake up, ditch the team setup. Hopefully you have the qrs sec.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd go back to 438 ramps from the 441's as well. That was a step backwards IMO. The 441's are buzzy down low, the 438's engage sooner for smoother low throttle and hold the belt longer (at lower rpm) for better engine braking.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a 135/385 spring in my primary with empty pins. Ran a QR11 helix that I had kicking around from my XP an it pulled like a train. Stock bore.

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
Thanks guys... Chatted with a guy today and got it all figured out. The spring rate I have is 160/380 with 441 ramp. Adhesion thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Top Bottom