Primary Rollers

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to a Ski Doo mechanic I know and that does all the maintenance I'm not willing to do on my machines, he told me it does need to come out and after watching him work on it I can see why it does. I'm also talking about my 2021 Summit.
nope, completely unnecessary to remove the jackshaft bearing unless you like doing more work. i've installed 3 sets of these and that bearing is unrelated to the procedure--you're just tapping two pins out which then fall out the back in the space created by the removal of the 4 torx bolts.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's was a certified Ski Doo mechanic and that was how he was taught to do it, I tried tapping those pins out, I got one out but the other would not budge and it basically trashed my fixed secondary. With all that said, my mechanic said he doesn't install those roll pins anymore and uses lock-tite instead. Hopefully I don't have to worry about those things for a long time to come.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the application of loctite is not an "instead' situation--the service manual calls for using loctite in conjunction with the roll pins and the nordlock looking washers so brp is tripling up on measures to keep those bolts from backing out. i'd be a little hesitant to run w/o those pins.
the trick that worked for me is to have two punches. use a short one that doesn't flex to get the pin pushed back just enough to then get the longer one in there and just tap it out the back. otherwise the long punch used initially flexes so much it'll drive you crazy.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I just replaced rollers on my 22 and you don’t have to remove the bearing. It was the same as my 15 xm, my wife’s 17, and my sons 19. I can do those rollers in 30min start to finish now. I mark the bolt heads so I can align the roll pin back up real easy. Make sure to really torque the bolts that hold the helix in as I’ve seen those back out. Not sure the exact torque spec but I go till my elbow clicks twice. Also make yourself 2 long bolts that act as a puller to remove and reinstall the helix without having to fight it.

Top Bottom