Powering enclosed trailer propane furnace

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here is the heater I got.

Happybuy 8KW Diesel Air Heater All in One 1 Air Outlet Diesel Heater 12V Remote Control Parking Heater Silencer with Blue LCD Switch for RV Trucks Bus and Trailer​

heater.JPG

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
What brand, Ron?

Happybuy 8KW Diesel Air Heater All in One 1 Air Outlet Diesel Heater 12V Remote Control Parking Heater Silencer with Blue LCD Switch for RV Trucks Bus and Trailer, I updated the post. I was thinking of selling this but I may try to install in my van, I bought for my nissan NV200 van.​

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at purchasing the PowerMax PM4 converter/charger and i'm trying to figure out how to hook this thing up so I can run the furnace using the converter and not the battery. Is it connected to the battery (which also powers the furnace) or do I run separate circuits to the battery and to the furnace? I am getting the 45 amp version.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at purchasing the PowerMax PM4 converter/charger and i'm trying to figure out how to hook this thing up so I can run the furnace using the converter and not the battery. Is it connected to the battery (which also powers the furnace) or do I run separate circuits to the battery and to the furnace? I am getting the 45 amp version.
120v cord in. Then 12V out to batteries. Instantly supplies 14-15V depending on battery charging needs.

I haven't tried without a battery.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rv furnace in mine 35,000 btu, will run three nights on a charge with 2 Trojan T-105 6v.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wire in a small fused distribution block/splitter. Wire in the loads to separate fuses and hook up the converter to either the line in posts or as a fused circuit coming in.
Couple disconnect switches on the for the battery and the converter so you can isolate the wires if you need to remove the battery or converter for some reason.

Top Bottom