Poo and mud?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably something like this
attachment.php

Wow it looks like those girls want to stay as far away from that guy as possible. Are those fart bubbles behind him? Or is that Doolaid floating to the surface?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would Polaris make a shorter Rod high revving engine over a longer Rod lower high torque revving engine ? Polaris said they made the 850 with the turbo in mind, Why would they go that way ?
the Ski Doo will have more torque down low in the RPMS which you need in a turbo`d sled, the Arctic cat 800 is a low revving high torque engine and makes good torque and HP, not far off of the 850`s
higher revving engines do not last as long as lower revving engines, I would take a long Rod high torque low revving engine over a short Rod high revving engine any day when it comes to a turbo`d sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would Polaris make a shorter Rod high revving engine over a longer Rod lower high torque revving engine ? Polaris said they made the 850 with the turbo in mind, Why would they go that way ?
the Ski Doo will have more torque down low in the RPMS which you need in a turbo`d sled, the Arctic cat 800 is a low revving high torque engine and makes good torque and HP, not far off of the 850`s
higher revving engines do not last as long as lower revving engines, I would take a long Rod high torque low revving engine over a short Rod high revving engine any day when it comes to a turbo`d sled.

very valid point and my whole basis for not believing when Polaris said they designed the engine for boost....They did not.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat engines have always liked Boost, hard to beat a twisted turbo`d sled back in the day in 2 stroke engines.
Cat engines last on boost but have a terrible bottom end. The Solid Turbo on the Cat is faster than the superchargers, but not very many on the snow yet.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat engines last on boost but have a terrible bottom end. The Solid Turbo on the Cat is faster than the superchargers, but not very many on the snow yet.

I believe that`s the design the the turbo package, they had no bypass and the tuning down low was not good and the clutching was not as good as it could have been, hard to beat factory tuning, well on some sleds i guess (Ski Doo Turbo tunes work). If Cat comes out with a factory Turbo, things could change, and it should work well.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did the Polaris engineers go for coffee with this guy ?

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=3679100888799468&_rdr

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo
All you engineering keyboard gurus, here is a few points to ponder:
1) Long rod motors are slower revving -maybe Polaris did not want a slow revving motor, eh?
2) Better throttle response time in the trees with a short rod motor
3) Polaris has had way better clutching than doo has ever even dreamed of having easily making up for any low end torque loss
4) Wait for some independent numbers
5) Every video so far has Polaris holeshotting doo - really badly
6) exactly what is the 5,000 to top rev difference, thousandths of a second ROFLMFAO

Doo trolls go pound sand - there is a beat down coming - accept it without the whining - act like men or go hang out in the Doo threads

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to say, overall we enjoyed the G4 turbo i think BRP did a good job matching the HP and torque to the track, the sled has great response and pulls well, great torque.
My wife just wasn't thrilled with the twitchy rear skid. We did a number of different adjustments to improve it but she didn't care for it. She said it almost feels like the sled was design with training wheels, it wants to do it for me instead of letting me control it. LOL
The other complaint was the steering, she use to flat steering. Polaris might be a better fit that way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom