Polishing hoods

olymon

Reaction score
Anybody have a product they can suggest to polish an old hood and bring back the luster. Swirl remover or something? I've got a good hood for an Enticer that just needs to be cleaned up. I'm going to be waxing it a couple if times after I get it polished.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Anybody have a product they can suggest to polish an old hood and bring back the luster. Swirl remover or something? I've got a good hood for an Enticer that just needs to be cleaned up. I'm going to be waxing it a couple if times after I get it polished.

Princess auto has polishing compounds you can buy. But wet sanding is probably easiest and gets best results. Do it on a hidden area and do a small patch so you know it won't wreck.

Poo time

Reaction score
I have found maquirs works best for me. It also leaves no residue so if you ever decide to paint the hood in the future the new paint won't have a bad reaction.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
times two on the Plexus , stuff works awsome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olymon

Reaction score
Great suggestions! No wet sanding on this hood, I'm just bringing the like new shine back. I may play with wet sanding and a different color on a spare hood I have that is all faded.

olymon

Reaction score
Would the plexus work on the windshield too. Got a couple of light scratches to take out.

apex88

Reaction score
Great suggestions! No wet sanding on this hood, I'm just bringing the like new shine back. I may play with wet sanding and a different color on a spare hood I have that is all faded.

Try Meguiars Ultimate Compound, works awesome on badly faded or oxidized painted or plastic surfaces.

Top Bottom