Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fbaba82d1424f0bcb5131f816f78b710.jpg

079b605a0335583f0035a57432e824ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m getting about 60-65km range on a full charge. Perfectly fine for what we need. It was an extra $7k for the big battery plus 7s screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m getting about 60-65km range on a full charge. Perfectly fine for what we need. It was an extra $7k for the big battery plus 7s screen.

So probably 30-35km once cold out? Or you sled to much and probably don’t use it on the farm much anyway come winter?

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fbaba82d1424f0bcb5131f816f78b710.jpg

079b605a0335583f0035a57432e824ea.jpg

I would buy one of these with the big battery if I had the money for sure.
Would be so nice going for a hunt or just a trail ride without the annoying engine noise!!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So probably 30-35km once cold out? Or you sled to much and probably don’t use it on the farm much anyway come winter?

Yeah winter range will be pretty bad but I usually don't use them much during sled season. I'm almost done spraying so I can do a proper range test from 100%-0%.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would buy one of these with the big battery if I had the money for sure.
Would be so nice going for a hunt or just a trail ride without the annoying engine noise!!
This would be the ultimate hunting mobile for sure. The fans sometimes kick on but they aren't too bad. Much nicer talking to your passenger while driving.
My screen is already having backlight issues but I don't have time to take it in and you can still kinda see it if you look close. When I bang my fist on the top of it, it sometimes works. Typical polaris stuff.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how it works in the winter with track kit. :LOL: Probably fun in sport mode while it lasted.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just going to say 60-65km range is pathetic in relation to a comparable 1000cc side by side.

i know my 1000xp gets close to 200km on a tank depending how i drive it. mayby even more.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just going to say 60-65km range is pathetic in relation to a comparable 1000cc side by side.

i know my 1000xp gets close to 200km on a tank depending how i drive it. mayby even more.
How big is the tank on it? The battery size of 14.9kWh is the equivalent energy of 1.67L of gasoline. 60km out of 1.67L seems pretty reasonable to me.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How big is the tank on it? The battery size of 14.9kWh is the equivalent energy of 1.67L of gasoline. 60km out of 1.67L seems pretty reasonable to me.

Those equivalent prices are gonna change in a hurry. Our grid is in bad shape and Aeso is price gouging hard. Every high energy using industrial facility will not be able to afford to operate in a year if something doesn’t change. We’re being priced right out of profitability for 2/3 or more of everyday. The last three months in Alberta have been the highest power prices in the history of Canada. There is plenty of private power producers in Alberta that have the ability to help the grid out with power when needed and Aeso refuses to let that happen because they are making record profits due to high demand and low production, and they are also raking it on tie line charges which they upsell to consumers. Wind still continues to average less than 10% of rated capacity and solar is a joke. We’re down to two coal plants who are allowed to operate and they still haven’t fired up one new natural gas facility that the NDP govt of 2016 proposed and approved. Edson’s 900mw facility is the closest one to being finished. And with the woke push on gay electric tampon/grocery haulers we’re screwed

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those equivalent prices are gonna change in a hurry. Our grid is in bad shape and Aeso is price gouging hard. Every high energy using industrial facility will not be able to afford to operate in a year if something doesn’t change. We’re being priced right out of profitability for 2/3 or more of everyday. The last three months in Alberta have been the highest power prices in the history of Canada. There is plenty of private power producers in Alberta that have the ability to help the grid out with power when needed and Aeso refuses to let that happen because they are making record profits due to high demand and low production, and they are also raking it on tie line charges which they upsell to consumers. Wind still continues to average less than 10% of rated capacity and solar is a joke. We’re down to two coal plants who are allowed to operate and they still haven’t fired up one new natural gas facility that the NDP govt of 2016 proposed and approved. Edson’s 900mw facility is the closest one to being finished. And with the woke push on gay electric tampon/grocery haulers we’re screwed

Not equivalent price, equivalent energy. 1L of gasoline contains 8.9 kWh of energy.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry but if that’s how you justify it, that’s just dumb. The unit cost the same if not more than a compatible gas one but you have been short falled in distance.

Why would someone produce a unit with 60km range. How is anyone to believe the electric way will work.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
60km is probably all the range you need for around the farm.

Top Bottom