PLEASE pray.....this is NOT a joke!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
very well put FF

Yes Joey, oxycontin. It's a narcotic. The sole ingredient, oxycodone is a manufactured opiate. A high percentage of people who are prescribed become addicted. Why do you think it's called hillbilly heroin? Why do you think they have such a lock down on the stuff? Why do you think they sell it on the street? With the knowledge that I now have, knowing your dad is very ill - but refusing to seek medical help, knowing your mom isn't trying to get him to the hospital or calling an ambulance. It kind of seems like they want to keep this under wraps, and why do they want to keep this to themselves? No one is that stubborn or stupid to not go to the hospital if they are as sick as you say your dad was/is - and most definitely not when it's FREE! It just makes me wonder

OxyContin - Basic Facts About OxyContin

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your dad takes Oxycontin regularly for his nerve damage? Do you have to pay a monthly subscription for that? If you can't afford that subscription you go into a withdrawal that makes you feel like your dieing. Until you got that over the counter pain reliever that fed his addiction? Maybe your dad sold his oxycontin on the streets and has none left over for his own fix?

Such a mystery.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a person is ill you can call a ambulance. They will respond in under 10 minutes within a City usually unless very busy then a fire truck will come first.

I know as it's my job we run fire and ems.
So quit posting and call 911

That's all I got to say.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
ok now your making me wonder.......maybe theirs something their not telling me............

Parents have secrets too..... If they are forthcomming you can help otherwise as much as it sucks there is nothing you can do unless they are willing to accept help.... best help you can offer right now is help to the hospital, otherwise as much as it sucks nothing really you can do....

Soon as you said oxy I thought oh chit.... you shouldn't need us to tell you this stuff dude, your on the internet...

Love your parents but don't expect them to be perfect...no one is...

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey, seriously hope your father is ok however I have to agree with several others. With the history of some of your other posts this almost seems like the "boy who cried wolf"
Your title says its not a joke so therefore people have respect however if my father was "dying" i would not b sitting on a computer on S&M. Id b sitting beside my father in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. It sounds like mayb you dont know all the facts, not saying this isnt happening to you but mayb u havent been given the whole story. There are things all parents keep away from their children if they feel its an "adult" situation.
If this is truly whats goin on and your father is that sick then you need to quit getting attention here and put 100% on your father. If your parents were that worried and saw u that upset crying all day id think theyd do something.
Please listen to everybody (especially the members who have been thru the loss of a parent) and get your father help!
All the best to your family! Please take your situation seriously!

aabeware

Reaction score
okay this is not funny i do not care what the cost or how much i can afford or where the money is gonna come from my dad would be in the hospital and i would find the money or help him. I just lost a 7 year old neice in a matter of 6 hours. for a probelm that could not be found! i would give anything to have my angel back plus i would not be on hear posting i would be in the hospital with her to help where i can!

hope all is fine everybody hurts differantly but this is not the place get the man to the Hospital!!!!

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey, seriously hope your father is ok however I have to agree with several others. With the history of some of your other posts this almost seems like the "boy who cried wolf"
Your title says its not a joke so therefore people have respect however if my father was "dying" i would not b sitting on a computer on S&M. Id b sitting beside my father in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. It sounds like mayb you dont know all the facts, not saying this isnt happening to you but mayb u havent been given the whole story. There are things all parents keep away from their children if they feel its an "adult" situation.
If this is truly whats goin on and your father is that sick then you need to quit getting attention here and put 100% on your father. If your parents were that worried and saw u that upset crying all day id think theyd do something.
Please listen to everybody (especially the members who have been thru the loss of a parent) and get your father help!
All the best to your family! Please take your situation seriously!

i truely dont believe they've told me everything about it.........but he seems to be getting better......he is making progress.....and its not from the over the counter meds as the last pill he took was last night and he is still slowly getting better......i think it might be withdrawls.......

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey sorry too her that hope you dad gets better. I know that it's hard too see people in bed sick being my mom had cancer and on chemotherapy. Hope your dad gets better.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i truely dont believe they've told me everything about it.........but he seems to be getting better......he is making progress.....and its not from the over the counter meds as the last pill he took was last night and he is still slowly getting better......i think it might be withdrawls.......

I'd still get him checked... Better safe than sorry.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Joey,

I hope all works out for your father. I will pray for all the family.

I want you to know one thing. you should be by his side
My friend, and I mean a good friend has a compulsive problem with not telling the truth. I love him with all my heart but live with his stories. I have tried to tell him that this is not the way to get attention but it works for him.
His mother recently passed on and that is when he realized that the stories did not connect on the dots.
Now he is reliving the present day with no true memeroies because he was not honest with himself.

I hope you are not heading down the same road, as you are younger. My bud is 52.

If this works for you! I will still be a friend.

God bless and hope the future looks better for your family and yourself!

All the best KIMRICK and my FAMILY!

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems he doesn't want, or won't go to the hospital.........ask if he wants to go to the methadone clinic.

Sounds like "the sickness" to me, I have seen it first hand in a deceased friend

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey, I'll put it to you straight. Oxycontin is a opiate, and although manufactured, it is as, if not more potent than the real thing. An opiate, in a word you might be familiar with, would be HEROIN, that's what junkies use when they cant afford their oxy's.

Many a good person has been taken down with a cronic pain condition, being perscribed morphine, or oxycontin, and once "hooked", resorting to the easier to get.....SAME EFFECT, Heroin.

Methadone is used to help opiate addicts "wean" off heroin, oxy's and the like. They have methadone clinics, where addicts go to get their daily dose, so they won't get "sick"(withdrawls). The dose is slowly decreased, hopefully givind the person a shot at a sober, normal life.

Being a person that does not have a perfect past, but willing to talk about it has put me in the somewhat unique situation to give alot of insite and counsil on this subject. I was never into opiates, but I was self addmittedly a coke head. I have now been clean and sober for around 15 yrs

Hopefully this isn't where your old man is at.......but neverything I've read tonight points that way. Good luck Joey, if prayin' is what your into....pray hard, he'll need all the support you guys can give him

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my god!! Joey give your fawkin head a shake, suck up your pride, your dads pride your moms pride, get him to the hospital or to rehab, one of the two!! sitting here chatting to everyone on S&M about what to do, asking for songs that make you want to hang yourself doesnt do anyone any good. I cant have sympathy for you after reading these 9 pages, im sorry

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TIP: if anyone is sick of reading Joeys posts that go from good to bad from 1-9 do it backwards 9-1 and then it goes from bad to good and it will seem like he listens to the advice given by countless people that are sensible and not piss you off so much. That is all the advice I can give at this time. Anything else would be a waste of my time :)

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TIP: if anyone is sick of reading Joeys posts that go from good to bad from 1-9 do it backwards 9-1 and then it goes from bad to good and it will seem like he listens to the advice given by countless people that are sensible and not piss you off so much. That is all the advice I can give at this time. Anything else would be a waste of my time :)

Ha! Best thing I've heard all day. Maybe even all week!

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SO since my last post got yanked like i said it would! ill state what i was saying in it in a S and M proper tone!

WHY THE F IS THIS THREAD STILL UP? like really this IS absolute BS and has no place on S and M. If i had a loved one sick id be getting them to the hospital no matter what! not sitting here looking for attention! and stating that he doesnt know what to do and wants to die! like people want to read that!!!!! Im gonna pray Joey gets banned and this ch!t STOPS FOR GOOD

Top Bottom