plastic welding

kingkat88

Reaction score
you can actually buy the welding iron and a selection of rods for like 75$ as long as you know what type of plastic your welding and practice it a couple times your all good! and not a bad purchase for future broken plastice:d

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a professional job it will take more than a little practice. plastic welding also requires more than a welding iron it uses air movement. I have done it but far from a pro may want to weigh your costs to buy new plastic, depends what you are welding and the cost of new.
WHAT are you fixing..

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think that would that expensive I just bought a side panel for 124.00, that piece should well under that. below $50.00 check to see what the price is before welding the damaged piece.

sleddude

Reaction score
I weld plastic if i were you check into the price of replacing it first it will probably be the best solution. pst me if you have any questions about the welding.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron
Plastic Weld
304 Manora Rise Northeast, Calgary, AB T2A 4S2, Canada
(403) 248-6204‎

I had a bunch of stuff broken on my 900 from a harsh rollover.
He actually spent some time to show me how it's done. I tried to do some myself but there's a definite technique to it and it takes some practice. You have to make sure you use the same type of plastic as well or it will just pull off.

I bought a plastic welder on ebay and it didn't last long. I think it worked twice.

SNAFU

Reaction score
Ron
Plastic Weld
304 Manora Rise Northeast, Calgary, AB T2A 4S2, Canada
(403) 248-6204‎

I have used this guy too. Interesting character. He did a good job fixing my ZX summit hood and it held up for the couple of years I had the sled.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah... very interesting. ;)
I spent about 4 or 5 hours with him. He probably would have welded it up for me but then he asked if I was interested in learning. Had to try it.

Top Bottom