plastic cleaning etc

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dullness is oxidization i believe. any plastic polish will work. In Edmonton on the west end there is a company called ZEP that has a lot of cool cleaners. Also, detail shops carry a wide range of cleaners for all parts of a sled. I use an acidic alluminium rim cleaner for my tunnel. makes it shine real purdy.

snowzombie

Reaction score
Be cautious of automotive or industrial type cleaners they may actually be to harsh for the plastic and end up dulling them more and also pull the color out of any decals. If you are going to try one read the label and try a small area @ the bottom first.
In the past to clean up panels and remove belt dust and exhaust residue I used a non pumice hand cleaner and a soft bristle brush. Its cheap, no risk of harming the surface and most have it in their shop or garage already. Just rub some onto the panel, moisten the brush, give the panel a light once over and rinse it off or wipe it down with a wet rag. Don't know about black panels but it worked for me on colored panels.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We use "no touch, high shine, tire care" spray.... Can get it anywhere, and we get it from napa.......... Here's proof(LAST PICTURE WAS THE BEFORE SHOT):

Attachments

• '04 DONE 1.jpg
    '04 DONE 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 112
  • '04 DONE 2.jpg
    '04 DONE 2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 119
  • '04 DONE 3.jpg
    '04 DONE 3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 118
  • '04 BEFORE 1.jpg
    '04 BEFORE 1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use a good strong degreaser and pressure washed, then a water based dressing like armorall so that the dust dosent attract like using a solveant based.

another cool thing is that those panels are really inexpensive from the dealer!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use a good strong degreaser and pressure washed, then a water based dressing like armorall so that the dust dosent attract like using a solveant based.

another cool thing is that those panels are really inexpensive from the dealer!!!

yeah i will probably do that, as soon as i removed my stickers it just wasn't the same haha

Top Bottom