Pipeline

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.... if you made the decision not to go for a ride in this area, HAH sorry for your loss. Snow was extreme deep in the trees with mega fluff. Me and jared hit it up, had ohhh i dunno 8" at the tinshack and then it just started to get deeper as we went in further. Past the cabin and almost to the notch it was ok in here, nice and deep. But the real fluff was in the rolling hills. Wow. Avy conditions around notch where there, thats for sure, but if you play safe in the trees, theres not alot to worry about.

ps, trail in was definately getting rough through the day, smoothed out after that "big" hill just before wranglers cabin.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well.... if you made the decision not to go for a ride in this area, HAH sorry for your loss. Snow was extreme deep in the trees with mega fluff. Me and jared hit it up, had ohhh i dunno 8" at the tinshack and then it just started to get deeper as we went in further. Past the cabin and almost to the notch it was ok in here, nice and deep. But the real fluff was in the rolling hills. Wow. Avy conditions around notch where there, thats for sure, but if you play safe in the trees, theres not alot to worry about.

ps, trail in was definately getting rough through the day, smoothed out after that "big" hill just before wranglers cabin.

If you guys drove another 20-30 minutes to the Coal Creek staging area, you would have a baby butt smooth trail all the way to the Wrangler's and back to the trucks.....just saying

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh it wasnt that rough just needed to bust of the trail into that deep fluffy stuff. seen the trail looked good ferniesnow!!! But seriously terrible snow oler is lying it is not that good big rocks stumps lots of grass showing Id wait till next year to try sledding out here.

Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
How's the riding down in Fernie/Crowsnest since the "big dump"? Has it setup... good base, any freshies?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks. How much of base? Any landmines still hiding underneath?

Those landmines are still there.....

If depends what you are talking about regarding size of land mine as most have 8-10' of packed snow on them. There are the occasional nuggets showing in the high wind blown areas (normal) and those big stumps they left 100 years ago that were left too long. Also, big nuggets in the open creeks (we deal with that all year long). And I nearly forgot, those big pokey things that the goats climb are still very evident.

Always pays to be careful out there, eh!

Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
Only ridden down that way a few times (latest being January) and saw a few guys with "stump" issues. Haven't seen any photos in awhile, but your 8-10' of base sounds sweet! Thank you. :)

Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
Only ridden down that way a few times (latest being January) and saw a few guys with "stump" issues. Haven't seen any photos in awhile, but your 8-10' of base sounds sweet! Thank you. :)

Rode Saturday. Pipeline was in great shape and lots of snow still in the trees. Wind was filling in the pipeline nicely. One nasty creek crossing, but other than that, well worth the trip. Should be even better with the snow forescasted for today/tomorrow.

Top Bottom