Photo Radar

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1383717_522568837839695_49983356_n.jpg

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Learn where these chicken chokers hide. They're usually in the same locations. It works for me...so far. Or you can cover the plates with some snow or hang a glove over the plate. If they pull you over you can say "Oh thats where it went." Thank the "cop" and tell him how you needed it for this task or another. He will either let you go or not. In the mean time, how many tickets have you eluded?

Tuffmudder

Reaction score
Thanks dale, awesome ideas! but I think I'll just keep my speed to speed limit and dodge the "covered plate" ticket by keeping it clear.

Sent from my iPhone using

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have the clear licence plate covers and they definitely work. I have avoided several photo radar tickets since I put one on every vehicle I own. The problem is they are illegal and you have to take them off your car a couple times a year to clean them on the inside. I feel they are definitely worth the risk, a year of use and no grief yet.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have the extra cash to give to the, Court of Queens Bench!!! Therefore I don't speed, but ya all can send me extra cash. Seeing how you like to give yours away :D

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Learn where these chicken chokers hide. They're usually in the same locations. It works for me...so far. Or you can cover the plates with some snow or hang a glove over the plate. If they pull you over you can say "Oh thats where it went." Thank the "cop" and tell him how you needed it for this task or another. He will either let you go or not. In the mean time, how many tickets have you eluded?

Don't cover your plate. My brother covered his plate with a white chunk of plastic and had his truck towed from a parking lot by a super cop and sent to the impound yard with a mandatory court appearance and a nasty ticket.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taxes on this,, Tickets for that,,, WTF's the point any more,,, Pretty soon,, I mean real soon,, they are just goona start taking money out of ur bank account any time for any reason they want. Good deal I say.

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Saskatchewan is doing a "Pilot Project" where vehicles have a recorder installed that uploads to the insurance company all your driving habits. You speed, they know. The plan is to eventually have your insurance set by your driving habits. Will only work on newer vehicles.
Talk about big brother looking over your shoulder.
If it gets the desired results you can be darn sure it will be all over Canada in just a few short years.

martincc

Reaction score
To clear this up a bit. Police use two different forms of speed detection. Radar and Laser.
Radar is primarily used by RCMP and sheriffs on the highways. Radar is a form of sound wave. The waves are emitted from the gun and bounce off the object and everything else around and some return to the gun and a speed calculated. The waves have a wide range and travel a long distance which is why you can pick up a radar trap so far away with your detector. To combat detectors there is instant on radar which only emits when the cop pulls the trigger and this will give you very little warning. To protect yourself from instant on its always good to let someone else travel slightly ahead, you will get a quick warning of radar when the vehicle in fronts speed is checked. Radar detector works quite well if used properly against radar. Valentine 1 is probably the best for sensitivity but lacks the new tech features of the detectors mentioned . I run it for the sensitivity and the fact that it will tell you if radar is from forward or behind, and will count how many different guns are being used... handy for those speed traps which have a second car just down the road waiting for those who think they are safe.
Laser is the killer. Used mostly in the city but the sheriffs also have it and make a killing on the highway with it. Laser is a light beam. It is very narrow and focused. You will almost never get a warning on a radar/laser detector unless the cop had you in the laser gun’s site.. ie you’re getting a ticket. The only solution is a laser jammer. There are many out there, almost all are useless. Buy a Laser Interceptor. I have run one for the last 8 years and it has all the different gun’s wave length and pulse rate programmed into the computer. Updateable as well. When hit with laser the jammer activates, tells me the make and model of the gun being used and sends back the same wavelength and pulse rate confusing the gun but not sending a jam code like all the others sending a generic signal. They are illegal. If triggered I just slow down and shut it off and let the officer get a speed. It also acts like a parking sensor for the first minute of operation and comes with a handy glove box manual on how it works as a parking sensor. It is hardwired into your vehicle.
I spent a ton of time researching this after being hauled into a number of calgary’s famous 5-10 over speed traps which do nothing but generate cash. I have access to laser guns and my system has been tested with jam to the gun. Been ticket free for years. There are a couple good forums out there on the subject.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To clear this up a bit. Police use two different forms of speed detection. Radar and Laser.
Radar is primarily used by RCMP and sheriffs on the highways. Radar is a form of sound wave. The waves are emitted from the gun and bounce off the object and everything else around and some return to the gun and a speed calculated. The waves have a wide range and travel a long distance which is why you can pick up a radar trap so far away with your detector. To combat detectors there is instant on radar which only emits when the cop pulls the trigger and this will give you very little warning. To protect yourself from instant on its always good to let someone else travel slightly ahead, you will get a quick warning of radar when the vehicle in fronts speed is checked. Radar detector works quite well if used properly against radar. Valentine 1 is probably the best for sensitivity but lacks the new tech features of the detectors mentioned . I run it for the sensitivity and the fact that it will tell you if radar is from forward or behind, and will count how many different guns are being used... handy for those speed traps which have a second car just down the road waiting for those who think they are safe.
Laser is the killer. Used mostly in the city but the sheriffs also have it and make a killing on the highway with it. Laser is a light beam. It is very narrow and focused. You will almost never get a warning on a radar/laser detector unless the cop had you in the laser gun’s site.. ie you’re getting a ticket. The only solution is a laser jammer. There are many out there, almost all are useless. Buy a Laser Interceptor. I have run one for the last 8 years and it has all the different gun’s wave length and pulse rate programmed into the computer. Updateable as well. When hit with laser the jammer activates, tells me the make and model of the gun being used and sends back the same wavelength and pulse rate confusing the gun but not sending a jam code like all the others sending a generic signal. They are illegal. If triggered I just slow down and shut it off and let the officer get a speed. It also acts like a parking sensor for the first minute of operation and comes with a handy glove box manual on how it works as a parking sensor. It is hardwired into your vehicle.
I spent a ton of time researching this after being hauled into a number of calgary’s famous 5-10 over speed traps which do nothing but generate cash. I have access to laser guns and my system has been tested with jam to the gun. Been ticket free for years. There are a couple good forums out there on the subject.

Better yet, and less expensive...... Don't speed !!!

But that's JMHO......

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just thought of this, from replying to the last post.

What if everyone quit speeding..... Where would the cash cow come from then???
What would cops be doing, seeing how they wouldn't be after speeders???
Maybe catching thieves and criminals????

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you think RADAR is a form of sound wave, then the rest of this post can be disregarded.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just thought of this, from replying to the last post.

What if everyone quit speeding..... Where would the cash cow come from then???
What would cops be doing, seeing how they wouldn't be after speeders???
Maybe catching thieves and criminals????

Nope. Probably red lights and stop signs....but I'm OK with that too.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saskatchewan is doing a "Pilot Project" where vehicles have a recorder installed that uploads to the insurance company all your driving habits. You speed, they know. The plan is to eventually have your insurance set by your driving habits. Will only work on newer vehicles.
Talk about big brother looking over your shoulder.
If it gets the desired results you can be darn sure it will be all over Canada in just a few short years.

I don't see this working. What about a family with 3 drivers but only 1 vehicle, how does it distinguish between drivers? Or does it just blanket the whole family with bad rates, if 1 person speeds? What are we turning into, the UK?

martincc

Reaction score
If you think RADAR is a form of sound wave, then the rest of this post can be disregarded.

from wikipedia.. I could find a more creditable source if you like? I and they could vey well be wrong though, care to explain what Radar is?

"Radar is an object detection system which uses radio waves to determine the range, altitude, direction, or speed of objects."
Radar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Laser Jammer can be bought online at Laser Interceptor - World's #1 Rated Jammer 7 Years in a Row

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speed doesn't kill, drivers with attention deficit disorder sure do. If you are in control of a motor vehicle it is your duty to pay attention to driving. When you lack the brains to pay attention, people can and do die.

screw you buddy i have a.d.d and im a perfectly fine driver. not paying attention while driving is not ONLY caused by the dissorder. and thats extremly disrespectful for you to even say... its one thing to think it but keep those opinions to yourself.

this may be an old post but im just seeing it now and it should have never been allowed to stay in the first place.

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would check your info tstams, I know radar detectors are legal here in Alberta, but I believe the jammers are 100% illegal. Please correct me if I am wrong and you have the 'gospel'.

Top Bottom