Peoples relationship with S&M

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This should be good! How did you guys start your relationship with S&M? How did it all begin? I was looking for a sled of my own as a kid as another possible project of mine and if I can remember correctly, Mare one of our senior members, was selling one and as a 15 year old I didn't have much money after buying my first truck, so Mare responded to my email understanding my situation and well she sent me a link to this site and well haha I'm happy it all happened the way it did, you meet a lot of sweet people on this site with a lot of common hobbies etc... How about you guys?

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I'm not as obsessed as I was a year ago, but I like to think of me and S&M as friends with benefits!:beer::p

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stumbled on to this site when I was looking for places to quad. Found lots of places and many new friends! Thanks again Ron for keeping up this site and to the moderators when things get out of hand.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by a Friend. Then had a coffee with Ron one day. Got hooked with a great group of people.

Sent from my iPhone 5

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seriously don't remember. I had been surfing a lot of sled forum sites after I got my sled and came across this one. It's changed since then but it's still pretty rare that I go anywhere else. Thank you Snow and Mud!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a member of snowest and someone on there mentioned that S&M was a canadian snowmobile forum, so I checked it out and can probably count on one hand how many times I've been back there.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm a forum junkie, plain and simple! I am of late, a post whore on this fabulous forum.

I doo a lot of my own maintenance and started surfing for information. DooTalk and SnowandMud kept coming to the forefront. There is much more information for the things I doo on S&M. It is more informative for our area(s) of interest because there is more input from the cool dudes of western Canada. There is a lot of factual information regarding my sled(s) available and a great opportunity for an ol' fart to keep contributing in my own little way.

The peeps at the top, the administrators and the moderators, are great individuals. I have made a lot of friends through this site and will continue to doo so because everyone pretty much has something to bring to the forum.

It is the best forum IMHO....:ThumbsupMsn:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came here because I got fed up with Slowest (pun intended!). Never looked back. This is by far the best forum out there!

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I was in my local sled shop, and S&M and I reached for the same pair of 509 goggles at the same time. My hands touched its keyboard for the first time. It was love at first site. Because it was so beautiful and well organized I let it leave with the goggles. I then couldn't believe I let a forum like this walk out on me. I ran out of the store looking for it, and I could smell the perfume of 2-stroke lingering in the air. I tried to follow but lost it. Later in the year a friend sent me a link to a thread on some webpage, and there it was again. That forum I let go months earlier. We've been inseparable ever since.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I was in my local sled shop, and S&M and I reached for the same pair of 509 goggles at the same time. My hands touched its keyboard for the first time. It was love at first site. Because it was so beautiful and well organized I let it leave with the goggles. I then couldn't believe I let a forum like this walk out on me. I ran out of the store looking for it, and I could smell the perfume of 2-stroke lingering in the air. I tried to follow but lost it. Later in the year a friend sent me a link to a thread on some webpage, and there it was again. That forum I let go months earlier. We've been inseparable ever since.

Bahahaha! What?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are other sites you can join if you wish to touch yourself while on..lol:beer:j/k. Very creative though.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started on snowmobilefanatics. Was good when I was a flat lander but useless for mountain riding and every one had old sleds. Grew out of that pretty quick. Went to dootalk and realized i wasn't a homo so I left. Loved snowest and stuck around there for a while but there were some serious douche bags over there and then they went pay so I left. Was mostly guys from the states I just didn't get the same level of comfort as I do on this site with majority of the people riding similar areas I do with similar sleds and living in close by areas

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Bogger told me about it years back..... And here I is today. Have met many many great friends off of this place. And tons of awesome people and acquaintances over the years and through the events......live this place......

Even if it is still broken

Top Bottom