PAL/RPAL & Hunter training

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats Ron. In these tumultuous times with our current Liberal govt it’s a great achievement just seeing that Pal show up in the mail.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I signed up for the hunter training course there. Will go on there on the spare time and get this done.

Yes finally, it took 4 months so a little less than I thought. And I did get both as you cant take the RPAL by itself. I guess I have to join a gun club too to get a restricted hand gun. I am going shopping next week for a hunting rifle, my stepfather is taking me and he's been hunting since he was a kid.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont get discouraged with all the water fowl and birds. It took me over a year to do that part because I was so uninterested and I couldnt retain any of the information. Once I got past that crappy section, it wasnt bad at all.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at this new chit they rammed through, under cover of covid yet again

View this email in your browserBC Government’s Bill 4 – Firearm Violence Prevention Act
How Does It Affect the Club and You?

In addition to the Federal Government’s Firearms Act, this provincial legislation adds another layer of bureaucracy, and is a veritable pain in the bottom, for most shooting clubs to contend with. Bill 4 impacts all provincial shooting clubs, their members, and people in the public who possess no federal firearms licence and own and use low velocity firearms that shoot projectiles under 152.4 metres/sec or 500 feet/second.

Shooting ranges and clubs are now required to ask “range users” for identification before they shoot their firearm or imitation firearm. Additionally, there is a “duty to require” and check the Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) that members’, or their guest’s’, hold. Our club must record when members’ and guests’ use our shooting range, and store this information for a period of time not yet identified in Bill 4 Regulation. Shooting clubs are being forced to police their membership.

With the electronic gate and our online application process, the Salmon Arm Fish and Game Club (SAFGC) will limit the “identification and verification” activities to the time when you renew your membership or join as a new member. The club will collect your PAL number and member information once a year when you apply or renew online. An “activated” key Fob to operate the electronic gate is your authorization, until December 31 of each year, to access the shooting range. We do not need to ask you to produce your firearms licence, nor ask you for identification, nor ask you to record the date and time of when you were shooting. Just remember to sign you guest in.

SAFGC is lucky! The club modernization we started 4 years ago is paying off. All federal and provincial identification, verification and record keeping requirements are automated at the gate and on our club website. Many other clubs will find Bill 4 burdensome and expensive to implement whether they automate or hire staff. Smaller clubs will close because they cannot satisfy the requirements of this Bill.

The definition of “low velocity and imitation firearms” now treats your children’s BB gun, airsoft rifle and paint ball gun as firearms because they shoot projectiles under 500 feet/second. Children who do not possess a Federal Firearms Minor’s Licence (age 12 – 17) cannot possess, acquire or use low velocity firearms or the ammunition to shoot them. Unless your child has a valid Minor’s Licence or is with you and you hold a valid Firearms Licence, they cannot shoot their BB gun, airsoft rifle or paint ball gun, nor buy ammunition, unless you are present and have a valid PAL.

Further, this legislation grants peace officers the authority to impound vehicles, and search, seize and arrest without a warrant if they have reason to believe an offence is being committed under this Act. People who do not hold a valid Federal Fireams Licence, or teenagers who do not hold a Federal Minor’s Firearms Licence, now cannot possess, acquire and shoot their BB guns, airsoft and paint ball rifles, something that was legal only a few months ago. Being found in possession of low velocity firearms while not federally licenced could result in some draconian action by the state.

Please take a look at Bill 4:

Cheers

Richard Wale
President - SAFGC

Copyright 2021 Salmon Arm Fish & Game Club, All rights reserved.
You opted into receiving emails from the Salmon Arm Fish & Game Club

Our mailing address is:

Salmon Arm Fish & Game Club

P.O. Box 1864

Salmon Arm, Bc V1E 4P9

Canada

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So they are wanting to keep track of the law abiding people going to the range because they think they will do a mass shooting there? This is nothing but a communist takeover coming full steam. I think I was born with a daisy air rifle, taught to shoot accurately, later hunting and eating what I shot. They would rather teach children to embrace 50 different genders and fear a wonderful sport.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at this new chit they rammed through, under cover of covid yet again

View this email in your browserBC Government’s Bill 4 – Firearm Violence Prevention Act
How Does It Affect the Club and You?

In addition to the Federal Government’s Firearms Act, this provincial legislation adds another layer of bureaucracy, and is a veritable pain in the bottom, for most shooting clubs to contend with. Bill 4 impacts all provincial shooting clubs, their members, and people in the public who possess no federal firearms licence and own and use low velocity firearms that shoot projectiles under 152.4 metres/sec or 500 feet/second.

Shooting ranges and clubs are now required to ask “range users” for identification before they shoot their firearm or imitation firearm. Additionally, there is a “duty to require” and check the Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) that members’, or their guest’s’, hold. Our club must record when members’ and guests’ use our shooting range, and store this information for a period of time not yet identified in Bill 4 Regulation. Shooting clubs are being forced to police their membership.

With the electronic gate and our online application process, the Salmon Arm Fish and Game Club (SAFGC) will limit the “identification and verification” activities to the time when you renew your membership or join as a new member. The club will collect your PAL number and member information once a year when you apply or renew online. An “activated” key Fob to operate the electronic gate is your authorization, until December 31 of each year, to access the shooting range. We do not need to ask you to produce your firearms licence, nor ask you for identification, nor ask you to record the date and time of when you were shooting. Just remember to sign you guest in.

SAFGC is lucky! The club modernization we started 4 years ago is paying off. All federal and provincial identification, verification and record keeping requirements are automated at the gate and on our club website. Many other clubs will find Bill 4 burdensome and expensive to implement whether they automate or hire staff. Smaller clubs will close because they cannot satisfy the requirements of this Bill.

The definition of “low velocity and imitation firearms” now treats your children’s BB gun, airsoft rifle and paint ball gun as firearms because they shoot projectiles under 500 feet/second. Children who do not possess a Federal Firearms Minor’s Licence (age 12 – 17) cannot possess, acquire or use low velocity firearms or the ammunition to shoot them. Unless your child has a valid Minor’s Licence or is with you and you hold a valid Firearms Licence, they cannot shoot their BB gun, airsoft rifle or paint ball gun, nor buy ammunition, unless you are present and have a valid PAL.

Further, this legislation grants peace officers the authority to impound vehicles, and search, seize and arrest without a warrant if they have reason to believe an offence is being committed under this Act. People who do not hold a valid Federal Fireams Licence, or teenagers who do not hold a Federal Minor’s Firearms Licence, now cannot possess, acquire and shoot their BB guns, airsoft and paint ball rifles, something that was legal only a few months ago. Being found in possession of low velocity firearms while not federally licenced could result in some draconian action by the state.

Please take a look at Bill 4:

Cheers

Richard Wale
President - SAFGC

Copyright 2021 Salmon Arm Fish & Game Club, All rights reserved.
You opted into receiving emails from the Salmon Arm Fish & Game Club

Our mailing address is:

Salmon Arm Fish & Game Club

P.O. Box 1864

Salmon Arm, Bc V1E 4P9

Canada

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Wow!
This is full on govt police state.
There is going to be a lit of impounded property and criminal charges from this.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you end up buying a hand gun? Might have the different conditions on the back of the rpal maybe?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Is there any other discrepancies? Differant dates numbers?
The only difference is it says are "Standard and transportation conditions are attached to this license" so Transportation Conditions they added. I guess that would be the reason why. Nothing else everything is exactly the same. So I guess we have some more tighter restrictions now.

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a second PAL/RPAL in the main today, Very strange, it has a 0002 for the last numbers, my original card is a 0001 so have to call in and see why I have 2 cards.
first card is for your pal/ rpal. second card if you look closely is your att. make sure you keep the paper it came on it states your restrictions or allowances.

Top Bottom