Painful

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know why I never thought of this but I got the new sled home tonight. picking up the backend to put on my piece of garbage sled dollies the track just beat the snot out of my shins. Its like I totally forgot the tunnel is way shorter than my last sled. Im also surprised I havent seen anyone post this mistake before. Is it a pain like this out on the hill or is it not the same being you are never on the flat and the track is always way lower than your legs when digging it out. I guess i would also be wearing snow pants and in my case i have knee and shin protectors as well.

it was hella painful.

Travco28

Reaction score
I find the upturned bumper a bit harder to lift with as it is further forward . But now i feel like im just wining .

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s the one thing I rarely do is lift the ass end to get a sled unstuck… of the sled I meant lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ever since the curved rear bumper, I have always used a ceiling winch to lift the back of the sled. My legs are short and I am not a strong man and that has not allowed me to lift the sled and put a rear dolly under the track.

In the snow, I am like those above; no more lifting. Clean out the front end and running boards and pin it!

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven’t lifted a sled out of a hole in years.
But I have noticed the pita it is to lift sleds onto dollies. I always blamed the suspension travel for that.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I haven’t lifted a sled out of a hole in years.
But I have noticed the pita it is to lift sleds onto dollies. I always blamed the suspension travel for that.
That 2-3" of curved bumper did me in and I had to come up with something. Cheap boat winch from Princess Auto did the trick.

Reactions: zal

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, sounds like were all getting a little older and shorter by the sounds of things. I too noticed the curved rear bumper makes it a little tougher getting on the dollies. I position the dolly parallel to where i want it sit under the track, then lift it from the side of the sled and scooch the dolly under the track with my foot. I also make sure to take the jerry can off.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a cheap stand from Princess auto, hooks on bumper,pull lever and sled is in the air and on wheels. No lifting and no small dolly bending paddles.

Attachments

• DSCN1630.JPG
    DSCN1630.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN1631.JPG
    DSCN1631.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 162

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the same one. Drilled a couple more holes to lift higher but i like your idea more as mine just barley gets the track off ground.

Top Bottom