Out of no where a top end bog

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys just wanting to get some info see if any of you have seen this before or heard of it. I have a 2010 M8 with the 925 Linderman BB, Boysen reeds Jaws Y pipe, pipe and can. The last ride I was on it was running great the first day then coming out on the trail there became a topend bog tried adding fuel with controller and anyway I would adjust didn't seem to change a thing. So when I get back from work I will check the plugs for color and spark, then check the reeds. Just wanting to see if there is anything else I should be looking into. the bog comes in at between 8000 and 8100 rpm was pulling to 8500 with no problems before this started happening. Thanks in advance.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Following: have Similar problem

We have a 2010 M8 with SLP Y-pipe, exhaust, can as well as the SLP air intake, Power commander, plus the auto tune.....pulls really hard until you it WOT then it stutters, back off and it's good, just at WOT....

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do M8's have exhaust valves?? I was told NOT to touch my Exhaust valves until I either lost bottom end or top end power. The reason for the loss would be caused due to the Exhaust valves either being stuck in the in position or the out position.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys just wanting to get some info see if any of you have seen this before or heard of it. I have a 2010 M8 with the 925 Linderman BB, Boysen reeds Jaws Y pipe, pipe and can. The last ride I was on it was running great the first day then coming out on the trail there became a topend bog tried adding fuel with controller and anyway I would adjust didn't seem to change a thing. So when I get back from work I will check the plugs for color and spark, then check the reeds. Just wanting to see if there is anything else I should be looking into. the bog comes in at between 8000 and 8100 rpm was pulling to 8500 with no problems before this started happening. Thanks in advance.

Clean the power valves and check the cables and motor that runs them.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vavles could be out of adjustment. Happened with my M7 when I had it. Was told by shop that when they are out of adjustment the computer loses track of where the power valves are and closes them off resulting in issues at WOT. Hope this helps.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vavles could be out of adjustment. Happened with my M7 when I had it. Was told by shop that when they are out of adjustment the computer loses track of where the power valves are and closes them off resulting in issues at WOT. Hope this helps.

Hey DDrake, so if this is the problem do I need to take the sled in for them to get the adjustment back?...still 3 weeks away from tearing it down to check it out but just wanting to get my poop in a group for when I do. Sled trip coming up only a few days after getting home.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey DDrake, so if this is the problem do I need to take the sled in for them to get the adjustment back?...still 3 weeks away from tearing it down to check it out but just wanting to get my poop in a group for when I do. Sled trip coming up only a few days after getting home.

it's easy to do just pull the cable's off of servo motor and measure the cable , and check for movement by pulling on cable this is how you can tell if they need cleaning

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's easy to do just pull the cable's off of servo motor and measure the cable , and check for movement by pulling on cable this is how you can tell if they need cleaning

What he said. I think there is something in your owner's manual about adjusting the cables on your power valves. I am pretty sure that the manual gives you a tolerance for length of cable that should be sticking out of casing .

Last edited:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally had the time to check the cable length and they were short, so made the adjustment, then took it out to the field found some snow along the north side of a tree line....

And bingo, that's all it was......Luv the sound of this motor at WOT.....with the SLP air, pipe, but a MBRP can.....

Thanks for the suggestion......

Top Bottom