Onion Lake /Hummingbird Falls

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been west of the forest trunk road to see what amount of snow has fallen. May be a little windy

kingkat88

Reaction score
i was out there on friday, whent over corkscrew and up to peppers, there is snow but way too wind swept and no base

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure it is crap,,,,,, wind was wicked strong,,,,,,,,,, in the wooded areas there is snow, but any hill in the open is rock and dirt!!!!!! STUPID WIND!!!!!
I wonder if there is a call for ditch guiding???

do you think boundary area would have snow in the trees and cut lines, may have to do some logging to get through?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah your right it still is early yet, just a little daydreaming. thanx Safari

CB1

Reaction score
Thanks Safariguy, yes 2 hours past onion lake. Thats driving normal at 110 km/h. It is only 3.5 hrs togolden from Rocky if you stop for a pee.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why waste time with the bottle or stopping, try depends and enjoy the trip.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
warm all the way!!! going to get out and cook some sausage in your pipe warmer thingy this year???

ya have been out to bc 3 times so far and the muff pot sure cooks up a mean mess of sausages. can't wait to get out west of you this winter.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some of the best grub money can buy. suggest you put food in turkey oven bags, you can cut them down or just tie a knot in top. keeps the juicy stuff from coating the inside of your sled in a roll over or big jump. maybe try shrimp/onions/garlic in a butter mix. you are in heaven good eats and deep snow. now that's living large, in my opinion.

any snow out west of you yet? sure like to go out for a ride, maybe boundary.

freejay

Reaction score
some of the best grub money can buy. suggest you put food in turkey oven bags, you can cut them down or just tie a knot in top. keeps the juicy stuff from coating the inside of your sled in a roll over or big jump. maybe try shrimp/onions/garlic in a butter mix. you are in heaven good eats and deep snow. now that's living large, in my opinion.

any snow out west of you yet? sure like to go out for a ride, maybe boundary.

I got a couple packs of Snacker packers. They fit in the muffpot perfectly and keep all the mess inside. I think they're cheaper than the oven bags too. They don't brown/crisp the food as nice though. Good for the messy stuff!

Top Bottom