Oldest sled you've ridden?

Rocket01

Reaction score
I first ride was my uncles 69 Olympic. Our first in the family was a 71 Olympic. I rode the bogie wheels off that thing!

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1966 Hus-ski 444, you can't actually ride the power unit you get pulled behind it on a seat with wooden skies. going to be awesome for ice fishing :D

tuchodi8

Reaction score
My Dad had a 1960 with wooden ski's and I drove it when I was 11. The first Skidoo I owned was a 1969 Olympic 335, What I wouldn't do to have those 2 sleds now.

cbsharp

Reaction score
'67 snowcruiser. I pulled it up to the door of our shop to put it inside and the throttle was stuck open and i ran into the door.

Puckaneer19

Reaction score
'67 Olympic @ 16+/- Hp! That thing had a ski stance of about 20"! You really had to hang onto that old relic!
I can still recall the spark plug blowing out and landing onto my gas soaked snowsuit and my Dad giving me hell for bag driving it! I inhaled enough exhuast and fuel in those days to last a lifetime!

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want to see how far sleds have come ......take a look at this thing. THis is the oldest sled i have ever ridden and still ride. 1965 Bolens Hus-Ski. this thing is a blast to ride. It only goes about 20 miles an hour but when you get those twin tracks spinning you can hardly see from all the snow dust in your face. And god forbid you dont spread your legs REAL wide when climbing something because the bars will come down and crush your legs................. safety was not a priority back then for sure. but sure is fun and gets alot of looks on the snow. bolens   Gunn.jpg close up good shot.jpg

Last edited:

DualGlocks

Reaction score
the oldest I rode was a 1970ish skidoo with one ski in front. where you you ride it you get full of fuel as its right in front of you and exposed :)then I have my 78 el tigre and 80 enctier

joe-bert

Reaction score
oldest sled ive ridden is a 2008 ski doo summit 800r 153... it was last winter and i was 18 at the time haha... fairly new to sledding... I'm gonna have to try out my buddies 79 john deere spitfire this winter when he gets her running.

WopOnTour

Reaction score
Our first sled was a 1967 Moto-ski Zephyr like this one.
My dad traded for it in 1968 when some rig-pig couldnt pay his bill for a clutch job (he was a mechanic)

My brother and I were around 8 and 9 years old then and my dad thought he'd be smart and safe by drilling the handlebar and installing a throttle stop-bolt to keep our speeds down.
He should have known we knew how to use a crescent wrench! (he taught us and we lived in a shop after all)
Little did he know we were removing the bolt and reinstalling it when we were done with the sled. (just like he did lol)

We made a small circle track in the back-40 of our yard and we'd make laps racing with our friends to all hours -OFTEN IN THE DARK! (well we had lights of course)
In the fall of 71 my dad became a Arctic Cat dealer and the Zepyr was replaced with a 292 Lynx for my brother and I to share, (and since we were now 10 and 11 the throttle stop was gone)
But I would "steal" our uncle's 440 Cheetah and my brother and I would take turns over-taking the Lynx with it on the track. (emulating an old "Hot Whels" game we had)
We would start 1/2 lap apart and the game was to see how many laps it took to "get by" the Lynx (didnt take long, the Cheetah was a beast in comparison)

Eventually we also became a Sno-Jet dealer and started racing Thunderjets,SSTs, Sno-Twisters, SRX/SSR in the NWSA (quite successfully actually)
Once snowmobile racing gets in your blood (esp. at such a young age) it's there FOR LIFE!
WopOnTour

Attachments

• DSC02361.jpg
    DSC02361.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Little

Reaction score
1966 sno scoot. Dad traded a welder for it. Rode that thing all over hell. Then we got an early 70's Allouette, from the boys @ Agri Sports in Regina. Actually raced for Allouette for 1 winter on the ovals, then went with ski doo. 40+ yr. ago. Good times.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That HUS SKI is so awesome, I want one now just for putting around town

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1949 bombardier b12 :p

and a 69 skidoo 300 olympic moved on to the 72 twin elan...

Attachments

• 289px-1949-Bombardier-B12.jpg
    289px-1949-Bombardier-B12.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 181

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1949 bombardier b12 :p

and a 69 skidoo 300 olympic moved on to the 72 twin elan...
My Dad ran the airport at Fort Resolution,NWT in the late 50's. My brother, ron_dun, and myself have ridden in one of these old Bombis. Our first sled was a new 67 Olympique 335 that our Grandfather bought for us. We both still sled today after 44 years.

Top Bottom