Oilers final game at Rexall Place

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
This place is swarming with people. Arrived an hour early and couldn't believe how many people here already. 50/50 already at $30,000.00
d17124efe42a4af8e1d0cbb9aa72916a.jpg

9ead258033aadf104f536f2f3a00eee3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice tribute , BUT two things come to mind....
1: When are the glory days finally over... Enough already !
2: When are we ever going to get this show turned around ?

oiler fan here but wow , a heated battle for last place !
Is it time to blow it up and start again, the old oilers must be so ashamed of the lack of heart on this team....it's embarrassing really.....!!
what needs to be done ?

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is it time to blow it up and start again, the old oilers must be so ashamed of the lack of heart on this team....it's embarrassing really.....!!
what needs to be done ?

I don't disagree with the dissatisfaction in the play and standings. That's well deserved. But I think last night was about something different.

Honestly, and this sounds stupid, I feel kinda stupid saying it, but that building was kind of a fixture in our lives.

Over the past 5 years of having season seats, and going to games whenever possible before that, my husband and I have spent a lot of time at Rexall. We have some really great memories there in that building. That's what sports are about - the memories and the feelings.

We spent my due date with my daughter cheering on Eberle's first NHL goal in his first NHL game (vs Calgary, no less). We watched in a Skybox 3 days after my due date with her. We brought her to her first NHL game in that arena. We watched 10 hockey games in 7 days during the World Juniors (I was 8 months pregnant with my son then lol). I'm a huge Hall fan, and vs the Blackhawks one night there was a guy in front of us beaking all night about how he thinks Taylor Hall sucks, Taylor Hall scored a hatty and my husband grabbed the guy's Hawks hat and tossed it on the ice. We've seen many greats through the years, Selanne, Ovi, Crosby, Jagr, Stamkos, Brodeur. I could go on for hours - it was nice to close it out.

I don't think it was about the past like the cup reunion. I think it was about the building, and the memories there. There are plenty.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50/50 was over $140,000.00 and unclaimed... ???
they weren't announcing winner or giving anyone a cheque last night, numbers are up on the oiler's site and winner has 2 days to claim. all I know is that I didn't win, I think it was a 261***C but mine were all in the 230's

Reaction score

what needs to be done ?

I'm with you there...... Oilers fan for life. At what point does saying "next year" get old? I truly believe it WILL be next year, with a clean slate, new building and many players coming in to their own. If they can all stay healthy, I'd even put a small bet now, that they will be in the playoffs next year (like $1) lol

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they weren't announcing winner or giving anyone a cheque last night, numbers are up on the oiler's site and winner has 2 days to claim. all I know is that I didn't win, I think it was a 261***C but mine were all in the 230's

Ours were 229

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i'm with you there...... Oilers fan for life. At what point does saying "next year" get old? I truly believe it will be next year, with a clean slate, new building and many players coming in to their own. If they can all stay healthy, i'd even put a small bet now, that they will be in the playoffs next year (like $1) lol

i totally agree... Get out from under the umbrella of the "old oilers" and their empire. The kids will be a force next year ;)

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with you there...... Oilers fan for life. At what point does saying "next year" get old? I truly believe it WILL be next year, with a clean slate, new building and many players coming in to their own. If they can all stay healthy, I'd even put a small bet now, that they will be in the playoffs next year (like $1) lol
I do like Todd & Peter so far , I hope they have the "say" yo do what needs to be done .... Ten years of Lowe and mact are not fixed overnight I guess...

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do like Todd & Peter so far , I hope they have the "say" yo do what needs to be done .... Ten years of Lowe and mact are not fixed overnight I guess...

I think they have shown some signs of gorwth. The quality man games lost was absolutely killer this year. We lost 77, 88, 93, 97, 14 etc etc etc for a lot of the season, which is not good.
Talbot has been brilliant since December, imo.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
View attachment 196386

We snuck into the sin bin after the game :)

Gonna be weird to never see it again

What all did you buy from the 30% off sale.
I went back after second period and bought a few trinkets.
Ron cracked open his wallet as well.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What all did you buy from the 30% off sale.
I went back after second period and bought a few trinkets.
Ron cracked open his wallet as well.

I had to spend my $200 Oilers bucks before the end of the night! What I really wanted was an Orange McDavid or Nurse or Drai... They never have my size. :/ I was especially choked after the whole Free Jersey to Season Seat holders fiasco - they didn't offer any ladies jerseys and our rep told me to just be thankful I got a "free" jersey anyways. what a c u next Tuesday.

Anyways, I got a blue McDavid. And a Farewell T-Shirt. Kevy got 2 Farewell shirts.

Was hoping for the Orange one to complete the jersey carousel. I have White (93), Blue (64), Black/Pink (4), Blue (94) and now Blue (97).

What did you guys get?

Top Bottom