Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Re: Official REVY Riding conditions 2011/12

Had a great ride up Boulder today hooking up with two guys at the cabin and heading into the Kirkup lakes for some super deep tree riding. The snow is epic for this time of year as it is still deep and dry unlike the pouring rain in the parking lot this morning. We got caught in a major snow storm so we headed out and by the time I got to the truck it looked like it was totaly clearing off, seems to always work that way. Lots of winter yet so ride it hard.

Thanks
Greg

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Was up at Boulder on friday and found untouched and had a blast... BUT!!!!! Saturday at Frisby all I can say is WOW!!!! super deep tree riding... Can only imagine what the next few days will do up there. An EPIC! day for sledding kinda wished I lived there during this time of the year
Thank You Revelstoke once again

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey did the two guys get out ok?.... must have been a huge walk out... I talked to the guys looking for there buddies. hope all went well and they get there sleds out before they get buried

Last edited:

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll be down before my group gets there and wouldn't mind tagging along with a group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Ricardo

Reaction score

Hey did the two guys get out ok?.... must have been a huge walk out... I talked to the guys looking for there buddies. hope all went well and they get there sleds out before they get buried

I wasn't there but know one of the guys that got themselves in a pickle. I guess they got the sleds out the next day with the help of some Turbo Yammy guys but it was not an easy task. I'm guessing no dropping off to go exploring for those two anytime soon...

LNCHPD

Reaction score

I was there, wasnt one of the ones that dropped down to begin with, but was one that went down the next day to help get them out, but it was a couple in my group. We did did end up riding them out, came up the drainage that pops up into superbowl by the fuel drop. A big thanks to all that helped us out, especially Mike from team Smokey Bear!! He showed us the way down and we went down with 4 sleds, 6 guys, and did ride them out eventually, wasnt easy but we did it!!!! The two guys that dropped down were pretty bagged out from they're hike out but ok. Again can't thank everyone enough that helped or tried to help!!!!!!

Ricardo

Reaction score

Good to hear that you guys didn't have to chopper them out. Also nice to hear that some guys stepped up and helped you guys out. Next time you see Neil tell him that Richard said I am glad he made the hike out without his heart exploding. Didn't sound like much fun.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Glad to hear it... i would bet after getting out they slept like a rock that night and woke up sore. Im happy it turned out good for all and no one was hurt

sled78

Reaction score

Just got back from an EPIC trip, road frisby thursday-insane DEEP! Untouched everywhere, road boulder Friday-not as deep as frisby, but really good, got as far out as Turbo, went back to frisby on Saturday-soaked in for pretty much the entire day, still rode, Crazy Deep, rode half the day on Sunday at Frisby-couldn't even see the trams from the previous days, what a weekend, thank you mother nature, hope everyone had a great ride as well.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ahh, the old walk of shame off Boulder Mountain. First time up back in 89' and my buddy, who told me he knew the mountain had us in a hole by some cliffs past Sugerbowl at 10am in the morning on 2 Mach ton's. After all day trying to get out we finally decided to hike it at 5pm and arrived safely at the west parking lot by the Peaks aroung 2am. Choppered out the next day. Sore and blistered for 3 days. Did you guys know that if you sign in at the cabin and don't make it down someone will come look for you? If only we knew....................Lol.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ahh, the old walk of shame off Boulder Mountain. First time up back in 89' and my buddy, who told me he knew the mountain had us in a hole by some cliffs past Sugerbowl at 10am in the morning on 2 Mach ton's. After all day trying to get out we finally decided to hike it at 5pm and arrived safely at the west parking lot by the Peaks aroung 2am. Choppered out the next day. Sore and blistered for 3 days. Did you guys know that if you sign in at the cabin and don't make it down someone will come look for you? If only we knew....................Lol.

Kenny, didn't know you were a mountain hiking, granola boy, you must have looked awesome in your dreads in the day. Wait you were the sharped dressed cowboy at rockin horse. lol

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Joum39

Reaction score

89' ???? What are two 16yr old kids doing on Boulder Mountain by themselves anyway? Ole mamma Fecky must have been worried sick!!!! Lol

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Grooming report for Fri. Mar. 16, /12 11:00 pm
BoulderBezanson, Veideman, top, West trail
-4 deg.c, 4” new
.Frisby
to topRoad above 4.5 km, Streeter Street
-3 deg.c, 3” new.

See Special Avalanche Warning below !!

http://www.avalanche.ca/uploads/SPAW/Special%20Warning%20March%2015%202012.pdf

North Columbia - Monashees and Selkirks : Latest Bulletins : Bulletins : Canadian Avalanche Centre : avalanche.ca

Weather Forecast: Revelstoke, British Columbia - The Weather Network

raven-lunatic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks Kathy,had to stay home this weekend, but do have some buddies out there, hopefully they ride smart!
Maybe out next weekend,we'll have to see.

Tuesday

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lets see some pics........heading out thursday. I hope its deep. Last trip the snow was skinny!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Grooming report for Sat. Mar. 17, /12 11:00 pm
Boulder
Bezanson x3, Veideman,
top-5 deg.c, 2” new.
Frisby
to topRoad above 4.5 km., Streeter Street
-3 deg.c, 1” new

North Columbia - Monashees and Selkirks : Latest Bulletins : Bulletins : Canadian Avalanche Centre : avalanche.ca

Weather Forecast: Revelstoke, British Columbia - The Weather Network

Poached some of Papa Veedy`s pics. from Mar. 16, Thanks Dusty!!!!!

Dusty 1.jpg Dusty 2.jpg Dusty 3.jpg Dusty 4.jpg

Top Bottom