Official REVY riding condition!!!

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this thread used to get updates all day long.... what happened??? if i lived closer i would do updates and pics.... anyone have more recent pics???

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this thread used to get updates all day long.... what happened??? if i lived closer i would do updates and pics.... anyone have more recent pics???
I spoke to a customer this morning who rode frisby Monday and Tuesday, said it was EPIC, with high avy danger he stayed on flat stuff and in the tree's, visibitly was great he said. I'd assume Boulder would be killer as well, I rode both spots on the weekend and they have no shortage of snow......
Have fun and save some powder for us working suckers.:beer::beer:

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friday Dec17/2010:beer::beer:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX36SEqV_FY[/media]

Snow Bro

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have spent Tues.-Friday riding at Revy. The snow conditions were IMO very good at Frisby, and we were all shoveling our sleds out on Tues. The snow got more set-up as the week progressed, and it was easier to get around. We probed 180 cm in a flat open area below the green tower. There are still a few rocks exposed on top of the ridge, and we still hit the odd rock/stump partially buried below.
We found a little less snow on Boulder, however it was also very good in spots also-we just had to look for it. Watch for creeks, rocks and stumps too....we found some, and thankfully sustained no damage. The hot food was nice to have too. I didn't have a chance to take many photos, as we were too busy riding. :d

rob derkach

Reaction score
Where is the Turtle turn off when heading up the Kirkup trail. is it around the 2 small clearings on the right side going up the Kirkup trail. I have been up Turtle before but was chasing taillights on the way up. Thanks

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Today was bueatiful blue sky and sunny all morning on Boulder. Clouded in and foggy in the valley.

Trail up was fantastic.

After cabin they cannot groom as the snow is skinny on the sidehill. Single trail up to Waldy world.
Trail was getting really trenched today as there was lots of snowboarders running up and down.

Lots of big drifts all over after Super Bowl. Must watch out as there is some real horedous drops.

Really windy up top but there is tons of untracked all over with great snow.

Further back by the lakes and Turbo has lots of untouched as few have been venturing back there.

Be careful as there is some bad layers in the snow. South slopes seem to be the worst for stability.

So good we were down by 12:30 and out of fuel in sleds and spare containers.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Lots going on for new years....

Night ride at the new boulder cabin. ALL ARE WELCOME.

Frisby has good snow but lots of danger zones. Bend sh@t all the time if you do not ride smart.

Two ripped tracks yesterday. Snow is really skinny compared to other years. Snowing like crazy this am.

Work on sleds this morning and headind up Boulder,

fRISBY GROOMED LAST NIGHT AROUND 6:30 we were heading down and met the groomer.

Frisby cabin was a disaster. Spent two hours cleaning, Garbage, shovelling and restocking wood.

Some of the folks that stopped in said we are here to ride, we pay for service.

Not the case...... I buy three memberships every year, my one daughter has only been here once and she put her time in cleaning and restocking wood and she has had a membership for ten years.

Please folks,,,,,,,
Take the time to help out.

Everyone has an issue when things look like sh@@ but first hand tells me that if you do not put 15 minutes of your time in, we will lose our priviligaes.

Thanks folks. Lets put a little pre thinking and pitch in...

Have a wonderful boxing day and happy sledding.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
pics

Attachments

• Old Cabin.jpg
    Old Cabin.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,882
  • Old to new cabin.jpg
    Old to new cabin.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,883

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever done the New Years night ride at Boulder? Pecos and I are gonna give it a shot tonight.

I'm all about the "no drinkin and sledding"....but is anyone going to go ballistic if we drag a couple of New Years beers up there? (IE: is Herb going to be there? LOL)

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Herb and some others will be there this evening as we have had problems over the holiday with people having WAY TOO MUCH FUN at the new cabin late in the evenings. Too bad some have to wreck it for others. :mad:
Everyone is welcome to go up and bring in the New Year, the rule is no drinking, drugs, or foul language in the new cabin, it is for all members young and old to enjoy.

Happy New Year Everyone.

Last edited:

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats good, you Kimrick & family! No swearing by Katy ^ thats funny, haha.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...Pecos and I went up at about 10:30...only Herb and Bill (I think that is is name) at the cabin. Generator on, lights blazing, stove going. Pecos and I are like, "Hey, cool!". Then they leave. Hahaha. Genny off, in the dark, nobody else around. Hahaha. We had flashlights....so we hung out and played some cards....said Happy New Year at 12....had our token beer and cigar (outside) and headed down for the room and a more serious refreshment or two.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...and on the subject of Riding conditions: Sale was decent. Boulder is hammered flat. There's some pow down past Turbo, but the usual spots are pounded. We hit there yesterday for a short ride before coming home.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Happy NY DaveB and Pecos.

Last wk. there was a group of riders in the cabin drinking excessively and swearing making it NOT FUN for other users and their families. They were asked to knock it off and one of the group pulled a knife. :eek:
It is this kind of crap that will not be tolerated and if we have to go up and babysit or be fun busters that is what we will do so everyone can enjoy the new cabin and be safe.
Still shaking my head bout this one.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Happy NY DaveB and Pecos.

Last wk. there was a group of riders in the cabin drinking excessively and swearing making it NOT FUN for other users and their families. They were asked to knock it off and one of the group pulled a knife. :eek:
It is this kind of crap that will not be tolerated and if we have to go up and babysit or be fun busters that is what we will do so everyone can enjoy the new cabin and be safe.
Still shaking my head bout this one.

Well I hope the RCMP were called...Threat with a weapon, thats just retarded. Someone should have beat his azz right there for everyone to see. Do we know who this piece of crap is??

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few from the past few days.
First is from boulder on the 30th
next few are Turtle on the 31st.

Attachments

• New Years 2011 030.jpg
    New Years 2011 030.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 852
  • New Years 2011 015.jpg
    New Years 2011 015.jpg