Odd fuel gauge behavior

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only have a cope days on the new ride. Fuel gauge is resetting empty after each restart and creeping back up to the correct level over a few minutes. Nothing else appears to be affected.
Had the hood off to transfer the usb plug, gps and led lights off my previous g4. Didn't mess with any of the ecu, fuel or other sensor plugs. Had g4's apart dozens of times.
Ideas?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think all brp fuel gauges are just for reference only. They are ch!t

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They’re not always the best, but getting a low fuel alarm almost every time you start the sled isn’t right.

I’ve unplugged all the electrical accessories I’ve added and no change.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know previous models had terrible fuel gauge but mine and others I have rode with find the gen-4 fuel gauge to work good. I would take back to dealer for warranty. The low fuel alarm would annoy me.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll be calling the dealer for sure, was just checking here if someone else had experienced the same problem and was a simple fix.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 18 and 19 doos with same issue full of fuel ride out of trailer gauge reads empty and lite on then increases and clears no worries ride the fu….el out of it usually good for 80 Kms the 21 850t is flawless but little harder on fuel and oil…. Seemed the 18 and 19 sleds where worse coming off a sled deck manybe the steeper angle full of fuel but gauge reads low and lite on

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only have a cope days on the new ride. Fuel gauge is resetting empty after each restart and creeping back up to the correct level over a few minutes. Nothing else appears to be affected.
Had the hood off to transfer the usb plug, gps and led lights off my previous g4. Didn't mess with any of the ecu, fuel or other sensor plugs. Had g4's apart dozens of times.
Ideas?
My 2020.5 turbo is the same. Terrible fuel gauge. Almost always low alarm on start up. Especially towards the end of the day when fuel is nearly burned up. Doesn't always sound the alarm, but it will be on one bar and then it comes back up.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. It’ll go in for the dess post recall eventually. They can sort it out then since it doesn’t affect performance.

I suspect the fix is a new cluster and the likelihood of getting one of those is probably July.

Top Bottom