Nypex cylinder 4 fouling plug

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 nypex apex motor fouls cylinder 4 plug and won't run on cylinder 4 did leak down 7percent on all cylinders comp test 110 on all cylinders changed coils spark plugs same fouls only cylinder 4 checked wiring changed injectors only thing left is impulse control box.... Anyone please help....

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
possible fuel injector issue on that cylinder

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 nypex apex motor fouls cylinder 4 plug and won't run on cylinder 4 did leak down 7percent on all cylinders comp test 110 on all cylinders changed coils spark plugs same fouls only cylinder 4 checked wiring changed injectors only thing left is impulse control box.... Anyone please help....

does it do it just at idle or starting?does it run or get better or worse when riding?

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I swapped injector 1 and 4 and still cylinder 4 fouls plug and it runs the same from idle to throttle won't run on cyl 4 pulled intercooler looks as tho injector is workin same as other cylinders must be spark but changed plugs and coils and same .... This is impulses full race system with their control box.... Been calling Paul and Tyler for three weeks and no response....

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I put a new plug in cyl 4 it will run ok til it gets hot or runs for 5 mins then stops running on that cylinder ..... I am stumped..... Control box is my guess but this must have happened to someone else out there????

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I swapped injector 1 and 4 and still cylinder 4 fouls plug and it runs the same from idle to throttle won't run on cyl 4 pulled intercooler looks as tho injector is workin same as other cylinders must be spark but changed plugs and coils and same .... This is impulses full race system with their control box.... Been calling Paul and Tyler for three weeks and no response....
That is unreal

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you explain how to test a coil ??? I have switched coils and it runs on other cylinders and only cylinder 4 fails

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Nypex as well and it did the same thing for me, even when I had my Apex it did the same thing (apex had a MCX turbo). The problem with mine was that it was running rich on idle, got the problem fix by setting the fuel at idle... never had issue since then.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Removed cpu today and sent to impulse in Utah....Thx for everyone's help

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup 1900 bucks for new cpu problem solved thanks Paul at Impulse....

Top Bottom