Norona-question

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave- how was the 17 sled skiing? Wondering how the width of the tunnel was for tandeming in ski boots and do I need to Beef it up so it does not break.

thoughts?

Currently coming off a 14 freeride.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave has a short vid you can look at showing him sled skiing, it on his FB page somewhere. It will be an awesome machine for skiing. A problem I have on my XM is that my boots can get stuck in the foot wells I don't think the 850 will have that problem. The SP boards won't be much different but from the XM from the sounds of it the X might have stronger boards. The ski rack you will need to check out. I don't think the CFR will work unless they come out with a different rack. The new Link system will work on it.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Yes as Ray has stated, the machine is a beast and wicked for sled skiing, I have sled skied it a ton of times and works awesome, because of the sandwiched cooler in the tunnel, you can not drill through it, so Dave at CFR is working on something, I use the linq ski rack now that I helped design it, and love it. It is more money though all together than dave's system. But the machine handles wicked and my buddies said it felt like we were turbo power on the way up, definitely sweet power!! Even though the boards are .6 narrower, they actually feel wider because of the bevelled tunnel, as that is a huge difference that even tall guys notice.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is great to hear. Is the new rack any stronger? Any of the ones I've seen on the whoops around here have come loose/broke. Love the idea of quick on, Quick off along with the parallel mount.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
That is great to hear. Is the new rack any stronger? Any of the ones I've seen on the whoops around here have come loose/broke. Love the idea of quick on, Quick off along with the parallel mount.

well in all fairness if you job is to roop through the whoops as fast as possible eventually stuff will fail. Always mounted my cfr at the back of the tunnel and never had a problem but being aware of the weight and adjusting speed in and out is a must do, the tunnels of all the machines was never designed to carry a huge amount of weight. I have never had a problem on my linq ski rack, but I have been doing it a long time and now when to go and when to hold'em. One change I told them is how the rack slides on, it goes from back to forward with the open slot being at the front, if you pow carve with it hard then the rack will be pushed back off the button and will twist, so i basically do the same with skis on, tell guys don't get into big carves as many guys including me have bent or broken skis from carving with them on, like I said if you have a cfr rack then there will be a fix to mount it and guys are already using linq system to mount them so that option is still there..and because it is overall cheaper it is a perfect option
cheers dave

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I really love the idea of those racks. Still seriously looking at going to one. Thanks again for the great info. Not slagging the quality/design per se, just that it seems the trails out here are extra rough this year. I too have my cfr mounted to the back of the rev 159". Looking forward to a new ride next year.

Last edited:

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info norona and RGM!

one more quick question: is the the 154 pretty squirrelly for tandeming or better bet with the 165. Thx again guys. Watched all vids and appreciate all the info u put out. the vids are complemented by being able to ask an ambassador like yourself to get Even more valuable info on purchase decisions.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Thanks for the info norona and RGM!

one more quick question: is the the 154 pretty squirrelly for tandeming or better bet with the 165. Thx again guys. Watched all vids and appreciate all the info u put out. the vids are complemented by being able to ask an ambassador like yourself to get Even more valuable info on purchase decisions.

I don't even look at the short track 154 anymore, it rips in the 154 but for deep pow, and sled skiing 163, 165 and 174 are the only way to go. the 165 rides so much lighter than a 163 or 174 and is super quick, if your riding a stretched 154 to 159, then go 165 all the way. cheers dave

Top Bottom