New trailer

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to the Lethbridge RV show yesterday and saw a few new pull type trailers. One was a Apex by Coachmen 245BHS. It is aluminum framed with azdel hardwalls. The other one is a Jayco 242BHS same floor plan as the Apex but soft wall. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Apex or Jayco trailers. The pricing is sure gone up just like everything else and probably might not go down much. Any opinions? The used market is expensive too

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Jayco Eagle fifth wheel, my parents have a Coachmen Freedom travel trailer (Coachmen makes Apex) both have been good with very minimal issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either.

Prices are absolutely ridiculous though, our fifth wheel was $59k (thought that was absurd) when we bought in June of 2020 (2020 model), the same 2022 model is now $80k. If I were to sell it I'd list it for what I bought it for and go from there.

Here's a used one in GP, but you'd have to call to get the price. https://www.travelandrvcanada.com/2018-jayco-jay-flight-slx-242bhsw-travel-trailer-l0Ok.html

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Jayco Eagle fifth wheel, my parents have a Coachmen Freedom travel trailer (Coachmen makes Apex) both have been good with very minimal issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either.

Prices are absolutely ridiculous though, our fifth wheel was $59k (thought that was absurd) when we bought in June of 2020 (2020 model), the same 2022 model is now $80k. If I were to sell it I'd list it for what I bought it for and go from there.

Here's a used one in GP, but you'd have to call to get the price. https://www.travelandrvcanada.com/2018-jayco-jay-flight-slx-242bhsw-travel-trailer-l0Ok.html
Crazy how the pricing on used or new is gone crazy

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d just pick your favourite floor plan and go with that. There all the same in my opinion.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a Jayco talon toy hauler before and it was great. Really well built and tough. Not sure what the new stuff is like, hope they kept up the quality and haven't gone lite and cheap like just about every other manufacturer

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experiences with Grand design trailers? What I see is they see to use the interior space well with lots of cubby holes and storage spaces.

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experiences with Grand design trailers? What I see is they see to use the interior space well with lots of cubby holes and storage spaces.

I think Grande Design, Nash (Arctic Fox) and Outdoors RV are among the best RVs out there now. A decent one is $65-$90k for a pull type and closer to $100k for a 5th wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was voting for ultimate sled trailer, it would be a Logan.
1649568032713.png

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a Grand Design. Great trailer. Would highly recommend. I did a ton of research before buying and like others have said a handful seem to be referred over and over.

Feel free to message me any questions!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well today I bought a 2020 Grand Design trailer that I found on the internet in Sudbury. We found the model that we were looking for in Ontario and the prices were about 10-12 grand less than in BC or Alberta. Even paying a RV transport company to bring it to me next week it's still cheaper. I even have someone coming to look at my old one on monday.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well today I bought a 2020 Grand Design trailer that I found on the internet in Sudbury. We found the model that we were looking for in Ontario and the prices were about 10-12 grand less than in BC or Alberta. Even paying a RV transport company to bring it to me next week it's still cheaper. I even have someone coming to look at my old one on monday.
Could have made it a holiday and drove out to get it Randy!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could have made it a holiday and drove out to get it Randy!
we thought about it but after talking to the insurance company about the trailer it sounded like a nightmare worth of paperwork so we decided just to hire it out

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
025.png

I was reading through this thread and the name clicked, thought I had seen one recently.

Last edited:

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I ordered a GD Solitude 310GK last Oct & picked up Wednesday. Started shopping less than 2 years ago, approx. 35% price increase in this period of time.....ugh! Alberta Grand Design dealers have cornered the market, I found the same as you for pricing.

Really struggled with taken delivery as I believe we are @ the peak of the nonsense.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just cleaned out my 2007 Jayco and I can say I am impressed at the quality of it. The new ones are certainly not built that good. Also I can't believe how much stuff I had in the rig. should do a purge every few years.

Top Bottom