New project SW

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely not something I’d do for boards.

Be nice with the belt drive if a guy could have a different oil tank. I’m not sure I want to give up reverse. Off the deck or back out of trailer.

Ill be building a new oil tank this off season. Try and save some weight but also build something better suited to fit the space.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple company's now have made inserts that seem to work alright, myself I went with CR racing boards, but I also run a size 14 boot..

For my boots also the CR boards have worked the best, tough as ever and incredible footing for technical riding with a heavy sled. Its takin years for the OE to figure that their boards suck, especially Cat. While we have been using superior boards for over 10yrs improving any chassis in its stock form making it even better then the current OE models.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be building a new oil tank this off season. Try and save some weight but also build something better suited to fit the space.
Was thinking the same, looking into installing it between the engine and the bulkhead, there is room for it.
Not the OE tank but a custom built tank.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it’s baffled and that tube is a drain for the top and for roll over? I never looked inside.

A9FC0E75-75C2-4390-843B-EB39AF12B10A.jpeg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The current tank are way better, those other tanks are known to crack and in a roll over leak.
Its not the tank the real issue, as every sled on the market needs an oil tank...haha even them 2smokers.
Its the location, far out on the right, it needs to be centralized imo.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks man - summer upgrade to my ‘Winder coming up!

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinking the same, looking into installing it between the engine and the bulkhead, there is room for it.
Not the OE tank but a custom built tank.

Ya lots of room under there. I was going to keep it on the side for ease of oil changes, but I like your idea better. Joys of dry sump, can put it pretty much anywhere.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah screw it im in on the belt drive. Lol. Make it easier for me when I modify my handlebar controls. No reverse button to deal with. Ha. I guess I’ll have to grease my front door trailer hinges now. 😃
I'm just about ready to go with one aswell, I'm on my 4th actuator, and its starting to act up again.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just about ready to go with one aswell, I'm on my 4th actuator, and its starting to act up again.
Yeah that sucks. That’s kinda why I don’t want to deal with that or any chaincase issues.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah screw it im in on the belt drive. Lol. Make it easier for me when I modify my handlebar controls. No reverse button to deal with. Ha. I guess I’ll have to grease my front door trailer hinges now. 😃

If you are looking for some ideas, I zero controls on my handle bars. Machined 2 pieces of aluminum to fit between the risers and mounted the kill switch and push button start there. Tucked out of the way and handle bars nice and clean.

Last edited:

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool..post a picture of what you have done.

So although mine looks like a 19 it’s actually a 18(built for release in 18) so it’s got the 18 controls it. I already added the 19 brake lever. I have the 19 throttle also but the warmer is different so thinking of installing a 18 warmer pad on it. I was going to check the resistance and see how much different they are…as the control is different 18 to 19.

I haven’t decided yet how I’m going to move things. I typically use Polaris switches down low and a skidoo rer/dimmer for push start and dimmer.
Definitely going cleaner this time.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just finished 2 days of ripping up Renshaw and the belt drive keeps that 3” 174 pulling stupid.
You won’t regret the choice of loosing reverse.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reverse actuator cure is this, take it apart and spray it’s internals with this and you will never have a problem again.

Attachments

• 0249E396-D7CE-4A7C-A76E-1362E7F33760.jpeg
    0249E396-D7CE-4A7C-A76E-1362E7F33760.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 100

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if anyone is wondering if a 2019 brake and throttle will work on a 18 or older. The answer is yes. Brake is pretty much bolt on with same electrical connector.

4629BCEA-9B77-4A59-861D-C9F27BC8224E.jpeg

The throttle the warmer element is different. All I did there was removed the old element and installed the element from the 18 throttle lever. I used a dremel to shape the backing insulator and clipped the wings off the element. Trying grip glue to hold it in place but probably should use high temp rtv

The throttle switch would need a different connector but I typically have that unhooked anyway.
4CE07151-20AE-478C-BCDA-D7C206B05145.jpeg

94731582-091B-410B-9367-0176AE3C0762.jpeg

I’ll be adding the 19 kill switch and Polaris switches for the warmer controls and light dimmer.

Push button start probably a Munster switch but not sure yet.

Top Bottom