New project SW

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Hellfire 9" wheels on my sled, good quality product. I think they have 10" ones now you could toss in there.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tricked toys out of Ontario has 10" kits, I have their stuff on my cat, top notch quality

1706141443059.png

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the belt height adjuster? I see my belt it a tad tight and by the looks of the secondary and my offset the previous owner machine some off the secondary but not the aluminum spacer on the bolt so it doesn’t compress the helix to loosen the belt.

I figured I’d just get the adjuster. I had one on my old sidewinder but haven’t looked lately to see what’s out there.
IMG_2701.jpeg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I’m going to install the laydown steering post in the mountain max. I’m so use to the side winder the mm seems so twitchy. Anyone ever swap it in an alpha?
IMG_2740.jpeg

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which do you perfer. Alpha or twin rail. I’m thinking of swapping to twin rail elevate this summer. Do the shocks swap straight across?
The shocks swap straight in. As do the shafts. Think I spent $800 on brand new everything to make a twin rail from an alpha skid. I like the twin rail. The catalyst I will probably leave as an Alpha to start. Plus rails sorry.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 278733
Benny sells the 10” conversion axles also.
Which do you perfer. Alpha or twin rail. I’m thinking of swapping to twin rail elevate this summer. Do the shocks swap straight accross?
The shocks swap straight in. As do the shafts. Think I spent $800 on brand new everything to make a twin rail from an alpha skid. I like the twin rail. The catalyst I will probably leave as an Alpha to start. Plus rails sorry.
nice. Looks killer that skid.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I’m going to install the laydown steering post in the mountain max. I’m so use to the side winder the mm seems so twitchy. Anyone ever swap it in an alpha?
View attachment 279095
I did and did not like it. It's laid back too far so you can't load weight on the bars to initiate the sled coming on edge without them turning. I think with a post forward it would be a lot better but you need to swap riser height as well to get it dialed. I just went back to flat steering instead of dropping a few hundred bucks making the laydown post work.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my viper I had installed the vertical steering post. I did not like the lay down style. The winder and stock vipers had.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if because I’m so tall but really don’t like the vertical steering

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a different steering all together you guys might be interested in trying, I really like it.

You start with the flat/vertical post style steering with the u-joint at the top, then cut and shorten the back triangle brace that holds the top bushing (above the u-joint). You can just lean it back as much as you want for your preference, then weld that triangle brace back up. I feel like it gave me better control than either stock setup and its real strong for those failed chute attempts.

I hope that makes sense, if not I can try to get some pictures to explain it better.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a different steering all together you guys might be interested in trying, I really like it.

You start with the flat/vertical post style steering with the u-joint at the top, then cut and shorten the back triangle brace that holds the top bushing (above the u-joint). You can just lean it back as much as you want for your preference, then weld that triangle brace back up. I feel like it gave me better control than either stock setup and its real strong for those failed chute attempts.

I hope that makes sense, if not I can try to get some pictures to explain it better.
I believe the Boost-It crew had something similar? Worked well.

Top Bottom