New Defender XMR

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny that it only produces 72hp when the 1000 and 1000R that they use in the quads pull 82 and 89 hp respectively.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, wait a few years.. the defender will have the 1000 motor at least, maybe the R. i would not buy one so soon if your a power junkie

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing that caught my eye is the Defender XMR has Canams first electronic locker, that could be a game changer for them. Looks like its only available in the XMR package and one of the X3 packages.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Maverick Trail looks kinda interesting for the old guys. It also has the lower power 1000, but better creature comfort and more storage than any other Maverick.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I presently have the Maverick 1000 non turbo, I like it but was with a Polaris General this weekend, WOW, Nice machine . Haven't been able to drive a Defender yet but it seems more utility-ish than General to me.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drive them on a rough trail before buying. I lived the general when it first came out. Ten minutes into the test ride on the power line I couldn't wait to give it back. IMO it had a crappy suspension. Everything else was good. But with a sxs I want to get away from the quad ride and get a comfortable ride where I don't feel all the bumps and crap.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drive them on a rough trail before buying. I lived the general when it first came out. Ten minutes into the test ride on the power line I couldn't wait to give it back. IMO it had a crappy suspension. Everything else was good. But with a sxs I want to get away from the quad ride and get a comfortable ride where I don't feel all the bumps and crap.
Dittos. My son brought one home, and it went back into the trailer within minutes, and back to the dealer.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what's the frame of reference? Rzr's and wildcats? Commanders and Teryx's? Rangers and Vikings? I'd think the general would be a step up from a pure utility machine, but if you were hoping for a utility machine with sport suspension I could see the disappointment (it's why I'm sure I couldn't go to a Wolverine X4 or Teryx). Now, if the General rides worse than an old rhino, then yeah, that's bad!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what's the frame of reference? Rzr's and wildcats? Commanders and Teryx's? Rangers and Vikings? I'd think the general would be a step up from a pure utility machine, but if you were hoping for a utility machine with sport suspension I could see the disappointment (it's why I'm sure I couldn't go to a Wolverine X4 or Teryx). Now, if the General rides worse than an old rhino, then yeah, that's bad!
I have driven rhino's and that one general. IMO they ride the same. I am used to a wildcat 1000 and rzr 1000 suspension so my expectations may be a little higher then some.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Buddy has a Teryx 4 seater it’s not too bad.

A poor ride makes for a really poor day,,,

Keith is right ride makes a big difference.

Utilitty

Sport/ Utility

Trail

Dune Machine

All purpose built with a suspension that meets the units purpose. A person needs to pick the machine for your use. Compare apples to apples with machines.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been very happy with how our defender max ht rides. I'm coming from a ranger 800 though. Have never had a full sport machine with wicked suspension. The defender is definitely better than the ranger though imho

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious, anyone know the price of the defender XMR?
Real life out the door price...

Last edited:

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
The new Maverick Trail looks kinda interesting for the old guys. It also has the lower power 1000, but better creature comfort and more storage than any other Maverick.

And the new Maverick trails are a blast to ride!!! :)
rhn12p.png

Top Bottom