Reaction score
Jeeze that wiring harness is a rats nest is that a prototype

6d867063c624707ca36cd461f407e230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 264827
Was to distracted by the belt drive to notice the wiring…
I can't help but feel it's a bit unrefined. I hope they are adding some sort of cover for production, or a more refined case. This looks like it was designed as a chain case and then they swapped in a belt drive.

Happy to see some significant change, however. The chaincase cover oil reservoir was always a bit of a ridiculous design. The new running boards are also long overdue. The new coolant reservoir placement and cap looks decent. Also, the big change in the airbox / nosecone looks like a step in the right direction. I wish they didn't have the airbox right at the nose still, a bit of a magnet for impact followed by snow ingestion.

Hopefully they don't fumble the next big engine release, and can see past the sales gimmick alpha rail and get back to a twin rail using something similar to that 3.5" pitch powerclaw track.

Last edited:

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 9r is solid. The p22 is another story.
Seems like a solid machine for the most part. Now if only all the manufacturers could shape up their QA departments and put out machines that didn't have constant issues, we would all be better off. So many of the issues they have seem to be so easily preventable too. I had a CEL last weekend and found a loose wiring harness rubbing through on the chassis.... Really?

Top Bottom